10 | Connor

When I got up today, yesterday's afternoon events are playing in my head

When I got up today, yesterday's afternoon events are playing in my head. She agreed to the deal. Well for now I'm not worried I'm going to fail history but I still have a lot of work.

I take my car and drive on my way to school through the chilly early morning breeze. When I walk into school early, I have about 20 minutes until class starts. I see Zaida and her friend walking into the school from the bus ramps outside, I walk up to her and her friend.

"Ah sorry Taara, I'm going to need to borrow your friend," I say looking at Taara before turning to Zaida with a look on my face telling her to play along.

Zaida glares at me before sending her friend a look of panic. Taara looks at Zaida and back to me before grinning, "Sure, take as much time as you need with her." 

"Thanks," I say giving Taara a grateful polite smile as she walks away before looking back at Zaida smirking. Her eyes widen at Taara leaving before she looks away muttering something along the lines of 'traitor'.

"So," she says turning away.

"So..." I trail off mimicking her. 

"Ugh," she says annoyed. "What do you have to say to me now?" 

I scoff, "Y'know you must like Nathan a lot to make a deal with me," I say.

"What do you mean?" she says with annoyance creeping into her voice.

Oh please, you know damn well what I mean. "I'm saying you must have liked your precious crush a lot to have made a deal with the devil," I say with innocent eyes.

Anger flashes through her eyes before she narrows them at me, "Well I think you already knew that considering you came to me with such bravado to make that deal." she says taking a step forward.

Well, that is true, I already knew she would agree. I definitely would have looked stupid if she didn't.

"But I still feel like you're a total ass," she adds grinning. Well of course she thinks that.

"You must not think I'm a total ass considering you agreed," I say slightly rolling my eyes

She crosses her arms from beside me, "I agreed because you can help with Nathan considering you're both on the football team and you have more dating experience than me. Not because of anything else."

Well, I only made the deal with you because you're good at history and because I was interested in humoring myself.  "Well good, because I'm only using your brains as a history grade for this Zaida," I say with bitterness in my voice. Two can play that game.

"And I'm only using your position on the team and dating experience to get the guy I like." She retorts back with venom laced in her words.

Ouch.