04 | Connor

-Connor-"Welcome to my humble abode," I say as I lead Zaida into my house

-Connor-

"Welcome to my humble abode," I say as I lead Zaida into my house.

She glances around the house, "Jesus this place is huge," Her eyes linger on a few photographs on the wall but not for long.

I lead her to my room upstairs and we walk into my bedroom. She stiffens as she walks in, "Where are your parents?"

"Mom's at work and Dad is taking a nap in the other room," I say. I sit on my bed facing her but she takes a seat on the ground and starts searching through her backpack.

"Embarrassed about being alone with me?" I ask with a roll of my eyes. 

"Shut up Connor, as if. Now let's just get this assignment done already," she responds aggravated with an annoyed look on her face. I can always get a reaction from her and it's addicting to do so, the look on her face is always priceless.

"Alright alright, let's just get the assignment done. The teacher emailed our school accounts with the assignment. I think we are supposed to fill out some 20-minute long survey first." I say with a smirk.

She's looking at her phone and seems to find the assignment emailed. "Ok I'll go ahead and start and you can too, once we are done we'll see what's next," she says as she starts.

I have to hand it to her, although she's an annoying inconsiderate dumb fuck who's a thorn in my side whose guts I hate, she prioritizes her work really well and knows when it's time to get serious and do her work. That's more than a lot of other people I know.

My mind drifts off to what happened at lunch today.

-------

Oh god. Tiffany?

She walks up to me with a smile. My friends are all staring at her and she obviously is enjoying the attention that her mere presence has created. 

After dumping her about a month ago she still keeps bothering me. The amount of messages I have received from her before I straight up blocked her is absurd.

"What do you want Tiffany?" I ask. We had dated for a year and she changed from a fun girl to a spiteful ex and I just want her to get out of my face.

"Oh come on, Connor? I'm pretty sure you know," she demands.

"Can you just do me a favor and leave me alone," I say aggravated.

"Have you started dating anyone? I don't understand you, we can get back together-" she tries to say.

"No, and for the last time, I'm not getting back together with you so leave me alone," I answer turning away.

"You won't hear me out." She hisses. "We have to-"

"No Tiffany you won't hear me out. Leave now." I demand.

She groans, "You know sometimes people change, so call me when you change your mind." she preaches angrily as she gets away, her voice like a warning.

I sigh as I turn towards my friends eating lunch.

"How did you get stuck with such a crazy psycho as your ex?" asks Jay.

"I don't even know," I sigh. "The important thing is that I'm done with her," I promise as I take a bite out of my sandwich.

She'll have to deal with this breakup herself.

----

My mind drifts back to the present and I glance at Zaida who is completing the survey. Oh shit, I need to do that as well. I get on my school-issued Ipad and check my emails. I click on the link for the assignment and start completing the questions. 

About 17 minutes later, Zaida says she's done, and a few minutes after I'm done as well. 

"Hey, did you know the reason we have to do this is cause apparently, our school sucks in anything teamwork related so they thought this project might help develop better relationships," I say repeating what I heard a few teachers gossiping about.

"Oh really? " She repeats "That's interesting. " she says.

"Yeah, they want our relationship to get better," I say suggestively with a wink.

She throws a repulsed look, "God no, ever not even in 100 years Connor." she states firmly.

"So after a 101, you'll consider?" I say while wiggling my eyebrows aggressively.

She glares at me, "I swear C if you don't-"

Ding dong~

We turn our heads to my bedroom door and I walk outside and down the stairs to open the main door; she follows behind me. "Who do think it is?" she asks curiously.

"Oh, I think it's daddy Bob the builder," I reply sarcastically.

"Ugh my brain will never be the same after that comment," she responds repulsed.

I laugh as I open the door to reveal Nathan standing outside. 

"Hey what's up, what brought you here?" I ask.

"I'm here to drop off the textbook, I borrowed," he says as he hands me my textbook.

"Oh thanks," I say carrying it.

He glances at Zaida, "Oh hey it's funny seeing you here."

"Ah yeah we have a project that we have to work on." she quickly explains.

"Oh alright," He says with a smile and a wave. "Bye Connor, and bye Zaida."

She waves and even after I close the door she's still staring off at where he was.

Oh, I get it.

"Is someone crushing on my friend? " I say in a mocking tone.

She quickly turns towards me with her eyes widened.

"No, of course not. I've just seen him around. And I'm not crushing on him." She defends but it's so obvious that she is. 

Oh, she's lying through her teeth.

Well, this is a change of events. This could be fun.

 This could be fun

-♡- 

A/N:
~ Hi it's the author, how did you like it? Any comments? Did you like it, love it, hate it? Anything I can do to improve the story?

What's you favorite show?

Special Thanks to Squidyay and hopelessromanticc110 for being my first readers! It means so much, the comments/messages/votes you guys left were really awesome especially as a starting out author!

 ----