𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟾

୨⎯ "issues" ⎯୧

                                                         ୨⎯ "issues" ⎯୧

"You've trained hard, gotten stronger, tougher, faster. You've done your best. You're ready for this tournament am I right?" Sensei yelled as he stood on top of rusted van overlooking the students.

"Yes Sensei!" Everyone replied in unison.

"Wrong!" He shouted as he threw a can of soda towards the dusty ground in front of them.

Sensei started pacing back and forth on the van, "Your best ain't shit. If you want to win the All Valley under 18 karate tournament, you got to give me better than your best! Which means from now on you're going to get my worst. Do you understand?"

"Yes Sensei!" The students shouted except for Athena. She started to zone out since it was hot outside and the bugs kept annoying her, she wanted to leave as soon as possible. Wearing skinny jeans and a hoodie was not helping the situation either.

Athena quickly snapped out of her trance when she heard Sensei Lawrence's voice again. "Are you losers?" He shouted.

"No Sensei!" The teenagers shouted together.

"Are you nerds?" He asked.

"No Sensei!" They replied eagerly.

"Are you sure?" Sensei Lawrence questioned.

"Yes Sensei!" Athena replied as everyone stopped and stared at her. "I mean... No Sensei." She corrected herself with confusion in her voice as Sensei placed his face in his hands.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"Move those feet! Go, go, go!" Sensei yelled as Miguel and Hawk were stepping through tires. For some reason Sensei thought it was a good idea to make the whole dojo do bootcamp exercises. Athena was up next and she was already sweating, she wasn't sure if it was from the heat or her fear of failure.

"Come on Strawberry Shortcake and Miss Robinson, you're next." Athena heard as she looked up to see Sensei waiting at the end of the tires. She quickly ran through them, continuously lifting her knee up to her chest as she stepped through every tire.

Sensei began clapping, "Not bad, not bad at all." He patted Athena's back as she was trying to catch her breath. At least she knew she was definitely not cut out to be in the military.

"Okay now I want half of you to go at the same time. See if you guys can go through the tires in sync." Sensei announced. Athena quickly hopped in the line behind Hawk. She hadn't spoke to him at all today for some weird reason. I guess Athena was a little bit upset that Miguel had his first date with Sam and she couldn't even get Hawk to ask her on a date.

"Hey, cool hoodie." Hawk winked as he turned around and saw Athena standing behind him. Athena looked down and realized that the hoodie she was wearing was actually Hawk's. Apparently, he left it in her car and she just assumed it was her sisters. Athena's cheeks started to flush red with embarrassment. Why would she think Arabella would wear such baggy clothes?