𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟼

୨⎯ "flip the script" ⎯୧

"Why'd I let you guys talk me into this?" Demetri asked as he looked back and forth between Athena and Eli. "This goes against everything I stand for. It's like extra gym class for no reason." He pointed out.

Athena, Eli, and Demetri were standing in a room full of nerdy kids. When Athena looked around she noticed Miguel sparring with Aisha. Miguel somehow convinced Athena and Eli to join the dojo. I mean after seeing Miguels karate moves in the cafeteria, who wouldn't want to join a badass dojo? Athena begged Demetri to join them so he wouldn't feel left out and she also wanted her friend to be there.

"Let's just... give it a chance. You saw the fight. Miguel kicked ass." Eli replied.

"What's the worst that could happen?" Athena gave the boys a warm smile, she was actually super excited to learn something new. She noticed Demetri about to respond to her question and quickly stopped him, "That was a rhetorical question fyi."

"Okay today we begin..." A faint voice said. Athena continued to text Arabella letting her know that the karate class was about to start. Eli looked over her shoulder and stared at her phone.

"QUIET!" Someone yelled out. Athena jumped and ended up dropping her phone. Eli and Athena both reached down to grab the phone at the same time, causing them to bump heads.

"Ouch." They said at the same time. "Here's your phone." Eli awkwardly laughed as he handed Athena her phone. She smiled at him as she moved her hair out of her face.

"Face front." The man announced as everyone faced one of the walls. "Nice shirt." He told Demetri.

"Thanks." Demetri replied as he looked down at his shirt. Athena nudged him and gave him 'are you dumb' look. Demetri looked at her confusedly.

"Joking, it sucks." The man said before walking away. Athena let out a silent giggle as she saw Demetri look over at Eli to ask him if his shirt was ugly. Even Eli couldn't lie, Demetri's shirt was lame.

The man walked around the dojo pointing out peoples insecurities. "When I look around this dojo I don't see Cobra Kai material. I see losers, I see nerds, I see a fat kid with a funny hat with his tits popping out." Athena looked around and noticed how there was no one with a high social status in the dojo. "But, in my short time as a sensei... I've also seen some miracles. So, maybe there is some hope for you yet."

"So fall in!" The man shouted. Everyone stared at each other. Athena quickly looked over to Eli to see if he knew what Sensei was talking about but he shrugged. "That means line up." Athena followed Demetri and Eli to the lines behind Miguel and Aisha. "No, no not line up in a line. LINES, get in lines." Sensei announced.

"You mean like rows?" Demetri questioned. Athena let out an airy giggle and placed her hand over her mouth as Sensei used his hands to cover up his face.