𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟺

୨⎯ "butterflies" ⎯୧

"butterflies"

Athena slammed the door to her car as she threw her backpack over her shoulder. She quickly walked towards the school, Arabella following behind her. "Woah, why are we walking so fast?" Bella questioned as she picked up her pace to catch up to the redhead.

"I just want to get this day over with." She replied as she shook her head trying to get her mind off of something.

Arabella looked confused and paused for a moment, trying to figure out what was wrong with her sister. "What's on your mind?" She said as they walked into the school.

"Nothing, I'm perfectly fine." Athena assured herself as she exhaled really loud. Arabella could tell something was bothering her sister. All of a sudden Bella heard her name being called out by Moon. She quickly turned to see Moon waiting for her by herself. It was obvious that Moon wanted to talk to her about something important since she is rarely by herself when she talks to Bella.

Bella looked back and forth at Moon gesturing her to come over and her sister who was slumping and holding on to her backpack in front of her. The girl put up her index finger to Moon telling her to wait as she ran in front of her sister and placed both of her hands on the girls upper arm, causing Athena to look up.

"Tell me what's wrong Thena. I'm your sister, I will most likely understand." Arabella tried to empathize with her sister. Athena stared at her sister for a while then finally caved in.

"It's just a lot happening. First of all, Eli and Demetri ditched Miguel at the party. I was already upset since they left me to go to the bathroom knowing that I was the only girl in the group. Then I find out Miguel got beat up because those dimwits left him!" Athena fussed, causing people to turn around from their lockers to look at her.

Arabella started rubbing Athena's arms where her hands were still placed. "Take a couple of deep breaths, you know we are still in public right?" She said as the sisters both turned to look at the students near them staring.

Athena quickly lowered her voice, "And if knowing your new best friend got beat up and your other friends left him laying in the bathroom alone wasn't enough to make you upset then I don't know what else will. They had the NERVE to try and get in my car after the party." Arabella threw on a fake shocked face like she was intrigued.

Bella kept looking over at Moon who was standing by a locker on her phone waiting for her to finish. "Oh and since I'm venting, I also have no idea if Eli likes me back!" Athena threw up her arms with an 'unbelievable' face.

"You like Eli?" a voice questioned behind Athena. Arabella's mouth instantly opened when she looked up to see the person behind her sister. The redhead turned around slowly only to find Miguel standing behind her with a surprised face.

"Yeah, this is my cue to head out. But hi Miguel and bye Miguel." Arabella said, shooting Miguel a flirtatious smile then running off to go find Moon.