𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟷

୨⎯ "the new girls" ⎯୧

"the new girls"

Arabella was knocked out on her freshly made bed. "Arabella! Wake up! Now, please!" Her sister Athena yelled from the hallway. Arabella continued to sleep, she even started to drool a little bit. Athena opened the door to the room and ran in hitting her with pillows. "Wake the hell up oh my gosh. We've literally only unpacked half the boxes and you're already sleeping. Seriously?" Arabella groaned as she began to sit up on her bed. The sun was beaming into her room causing her to squint as her eyes adjusted to the brightness.

"Ughhh, why do I have to help? I just finished decorating my room." Arabella yawned still half-sleep.

"Bella, you didn't even decorate. Throwing a blanket on your bed so you can take a nap is not decorating!" Athena scolded. Arabella looked at her with a stank face then threw a pillow at her. "Look, I'm just saying it would be nice if you decided to help Mom and I with the rest of the house." Athena said as she caught the fluffy pink pillow.

"Fine, I'll help. Just give me a second to get situated. I'll be right out!" Said Bella enthusiastically, or at least it seemed like it. Athena nodded her head and shot a bright smile at Arabella. She was glad that Arabella was willing to help since she never does. As soon as Athena was out of Arabella's sight she plopped back onto her bed to take yet again, another nap.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Athena had finally finished unpacking the boxes that were in her room. "Well that took forever.." She mumbled to herself. She went to her shelf and placed her finger onto the sitting books. Slowly moving her finger until she found the right book. "Hm.. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire? Don't mind if I do." Athena took the book and headed towards her bed. As soon as she went to go sit down and indulge in her favorite book she heard a faint knock at her door.

She had opened the door expecting Arabella to be standing there ready to apologize for never coming to help but all she found was her mom. "Hey sweetheart. I just wanted to see what you were up to. May I come in?" Mrs. Jones said sweetly.

"Of course Mom. I was just about to read a book." Athena answered as she went towards her bed and sat down, her mom following.

"Well, first of all I want to say thanks for helping out with the boxes. I know ever since the divorce with your dad I've been a mess." Mrs. Jones said as she sat criss-crossed on Athena's bed. "It's just been a really hard time for me. Even though I didn't give birth to you, I wish I did. You're an amazing girl sweetie." She added as her eyes started to fill up with tears. Athena noticed quickly that her mom was in need of comfort at the moment, so without hesitating she wrapped her arms around her mother.

"I couldn't have asked for a better parent. You're a queen, you know that? Just remember you will find someone who will love you for you and not leave you for someone fresh out of their teenage years." Athena reminded her mom as she pulled away and looked at her. Mrs. Jones was going through a lot, and Athena knew that all she wanted to do was be there for her.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Later that night Arabella got a text from her new friend Yasmine. She had met Yasmine at a Starbucks before they began moving in.

Yasmine: Bitch are U down for a late night ride with the girls

Arabella: totes, let me go figure out how to leave this suffocating ass house without my sister on my back.

Yasmine: Yeah U do that I dont want UR sis coming with us shes a total weirdo

Arabella stared at the message. Her heart sunk, she didn't like it when people picked on Athena. Yeah she knows they're not technically related but they've grown up together and Athena is basically her best friend. Bella thought for a minute on how to reply. Should she stick up for Athena or should she just enjoy the fact that she's actually making friends? Arabella got off of her bed and slipped her phone into the back pocket of her denim jeans.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Finally, Yasmine pulled up into Arabella's huge driveway. Even though the Joneses lived on the rich side of Encino, they didn't really have the biggest house.

Bella ran out of the house hoping Athena and her mom didn't notice. "Hey guys!" she smiled hugely as she opened the door of Yasmine's shiny black car.

Bella never really met Samantha or Moon but it surprisingly wasn't that awkward. Moon was very energetic and bubbly, Bella immediately bonded with her. Sam wasn't speaking to Arabella that much. I mean, Bella wasn't speaking to her either. Samantha gave off super weird vibes so she decided to keep her distance.

Eventually Arabella's social energy began to run out. Although she had so much fun with her new acclaimed friends, she just wanted to be on the couch with Athena binge-watching Teen Wolf right now. Arabella had started to doze off not paying attention to what the girls were saying.

*SKRRT*

Arabella quickly shot up from her slight nap to see everyone alarmed. Apparently Yasmine was texting and not looking at the road. She ended up rear-ending into an old looking red car. "Yasmine, I told you you shouldn't be on your phone!" Samantha announced in a panicking tone.

"What are we going to do guys, what are we going to do?" Moon said breathing heavily. Arabella took a moment to recollect what had just happened.

"Oh my gosh, we have to call the police." Bella stammered.

"We can't my parents would kill me." Yasmine replied as she looked at Arabella then Sam. As soon as she said that an old guy who looked like a train wreck started banging on Moons window startling the girls. He started shouting at them and attempting to get into the car, the girls did the only thing they could think of... scream and drive off.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

° 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 author's notes 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 °

𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯𝘢 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘦. 𝘶𝘨𝘩, 𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘳𝘴. 𝘫𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺.