Eighteen

I showered again. Just in case. I still looked like shit, but I felt better knowing I was clean. My insides were churning again and I felt like a kid in love.

The thought made me stop and look in the mirror. Was I in love?

A fluttering sensation spread from my chest all the way to my toes. Last night's memory flashed back into my brain, sending those same feelings spiralling again.

I knew things were more complicated than that, but I felt utterly, completely overwhelmed by this strange feeling that brewed in my chest. The thought of Chiara sent my heart into overdrive. Simply rolling her name off my tongue sounded otherworldly.

Imagining her fingers on my thighs felt impossible. Yet, it happened.

A nauseating feeling overwhelmed me as I searched for something to wear. I felt the most comfortable in my jeans and my shirt, but-

Those were hard to take off.

I gulped down the thought, ignoring the fact it even popped up in my mind. Of course, I didn't expect anything to happen. I knew she just broke up with her boyfriend.

I threw the jeans away and put on a grey cotton dress, wide enough to hide everything that needed to be hidden. The V-neck complimented my boobs and the wide hem hid my thighs.

Grabbing nothing but my phone and my wallet, I hurried down the hallway. I was scared out of my mind, which meant I had to go there fast, otherwise I wouldn't do it.

Before I could knock on her door, they flung open, revealing Chiara in high-waisted jeans, a loose white shirt, with a huge, brown Fendi bag in her hand.

A numb nervousness bit my stomach as soon as her eyes met mine. Being this close to her made me want to push her back into the room and just look the door. I wanted to hear another moan on those pink lips. I wanted to see desire in those green eyes.

What the hell was this girl doing to me?

"You don't have a bag." She simply said and looked over me. I was too baffled to say anything. "Wait here."

And she disappeared in her room, only to return a few minutes later with a large Louis Vuitton bag with their trademark pattern all over. Excitement, mixed with dread flooded me. We were leaving. We were going out. In public.

"W-what?" I looked at her and the bag.

Chiara grinned. Why didn't she look hungover?

"We're having a girls' day out." She said and closed the door behind her, shoving the bag in my hands.

My mouth was probably hanging wide open and my eyes searched her face. I looked like a scared fawn, most likely.

"I can't take that." I tried to shove the bag back, but Chiara grabbed my wrist, opened my palm and literally placed the handle on it. Her touch accelerated my heartbeat.

"There's towels inside. And a swimming suit." She still held my hand as she pulled me forward.

"What?" I stopped her. "Wait, where are we going?"

She turned towards me and bit her lower lip. I found myself wanting to bite those lips for her.

Fuck, Jackie, what's wrong with you? I cursed myself inwardly and hoped none of it showed on my face.

"Abbot suite, of course." Chiara hopped down the hallway. It was kind of weird seeing her in sneakers, even if those sneakers were Alexander McQueen.

"We're going to your hotel?" I tried to will my heart into relaxing, but it wouldn't stop racing.