Proposal/Truths Out

Start from the beginning

I nodded my head, "wait...you tried talking to Vanessa?"

"I guess I should apologize; it's petty."

"that what she's been trying to tell you," I said to her as she dropped her head. "she didn't take the bracelet."

"but it was in her bag,"

"but you immediately jumped her for it," I said, then lowered my voice. "there was no other thought that maybe one of the other girls tried to take it but placed it in her bag like an idiot?"

"no," she said, then I just stood up.

"come on," Michael said, following my lead. "the others are having a campfire outside to cool off." he took her hand and walked out. 

I rushed over to the bathroom to freshen up for the proposal.

VANESSA POV

after aniya pulled out the secret, I had to leave and be by myself. I can only imagine how luke is taking it, and chances are he won't like it. I had sex with his best friend, who I was sure he wanted to call everything off, which is not what I worked so hard for. But who am I to keep him ina relationship that he doesn't even want to be in? I id do not want to be that type of, girl but right now, I couldn't even face him, so I hid away for a bit. 

After about an hour of being locked in the room, my hunger-pregnancy pains kicked in, and I needed food. I could deprive myself, but I won't of my child, so I just sucked it up went downstairs. To my surprise, no one was there, so I just went straight to the kitchen to get some chips then sat by the fireplace to relax some more.

That was until luke came out. I watched him walk to me and sat staring off at the fire. "Ashton explained everything."

"But I guess it wasn't enough."

"Vanessa," he said, grabbing my hand. "I am so sorry for what I put you through last year. It wasn't fair and insignificant fooling around because I was also hurt," he explained, causing me to look at him.  " I don't blame you."

"I love you," I said whispered to him. He just smiled and got up, then down on one knee. 

"I love you too," he said, reaching into his pocket. "Vanessa Pickett Bates, I loved you since I laid eyes on you way back when; I never want to leave you, and though we may have our ups and downs, I want to be there through it all," he opened up the box to expose a ring. An engagement ring. He was proposing. "will you marry me?"

"oh my god, yes. Just...yes!" I yelled out, and a huge smile appeared on his face. He sat back down next to me and slid the ring on my finger. He gave me a big kiss, and we just sat in silence for a while afterward. 

Following the proposal, everyone came in about an hour after. I immediately showed everyone, excluding aniya, for the fact I was still pissed at her, "hey...can I speak to you? maybe outside?" she asked me. Calmly which was shocking to me since all she been doing was yell and shit. I looked at luke, and he gave a small nod with a smile. 

I followed her outside and sat on the bench, "what do you want?"

she sighed and sat next to me, " I want to apologize," she said, catching my attention. "I acted like a huge bitch, like a baby over a lost bracelet that Jessica found not even an hour later." I folded my arms and looked at her. "it was foolish, and I'm sorry, I don't want to lose my sister, though I never found how it ended up with you-"

"I don't know because I didn't take it."

"and I just want to stop fighting over it, please." she pleaded, but I couldn't just accept the apology.  "I see luke proposed; it's a cute ring," she said, poking me. I sighed and looked above me.

"you're lucky we're sisters," I said, and her response was a hug. "but it's going to take more than an apology, maybe change a few diapers and watch him sometimes."

"He? oh my god, your ultrasound, so it's a boy??" she said, getting excited. I nodded my head with a smile. "just what you wanted; I'm so happy for you."

"I've wanted to tell you, but you been such an asshole."

"well, do the others know?"

"no, not yet," I shook my head.

"come on," she said, helping me up. "let's go tell."

we wrapped our arms together and walked inside not to see anybody but heard some whispers from the living room; they were Stella and sam. "yeah, jess, it seems that they totally hate each other; it's crazy." Stella claimed. Aniya and I bent down so they wouldn't hear or see us, but they were talking about us. "Over a bracelet, you were right. They're idiots." she laughed. 

aniya and I looked at each other in confusion, "yea, you were right to hide her bracelet in Vanessa's bag, explosion between the girls and the guys, actually. luke and Michael were arguing a lot."

"yea, oh, and apparently Ashton and Vanessa had sex."

the confusion turned into anger, "why is it always us that have to run into these situations?" aniya whispered, taking out her phone to record them. 

"I also got pretty close to Vanessa; I helped plan her baby shower," Sam said, and I heard the hurt in aniyas voice.

"you already planned your baby wedding, and it's with Godzilla's best friend?" she whispered angrily.

"Again, you were bitchy, and I had to start planning, luckily though I didn't finish so we can pick up where I left off." we continued to observe the traitors speak when the idea popped in my head. "we have to tell Ashton and Calum," I said, standing up, but aniya stopped me.

"wait, I have a better idea."