Proposal/Truths Out

LUKES POV

After Vanessa left out, my eyes automatically darted to Ashton, "listen, dude, I can explain." he started to say.

"yea, you probably should," I said, getting closer to him, but Calum held me back a bit.

"well, it was simple, really," aniya said, laughing.

"you know you should shut the fuck up," is aid looking at her. "seriously, you absolutely crushed your own friendship over a stupid bracelet."

"Okay, yea," Michael said, getting between her and me. "you need to back the fuck off."

"maybe we should all just calm down and take a break." sam suggested. 

"yea well, nice of you to finally say something," I said, just being absolutely pissed off. 

Ashton walked up to me and pulled me out of the room; I snatched away from him soon as we got back to the kitchen. "okay, you pissed, but let me explain," he started to say.

"I don't want to hear anything from you."

"It was when she caught you and Jessica," he said anyways but made me listen up.

"what are you talking about?"

"last year, when you took Jessica out on that date, Vanessa walked into it and hers with tom, which I don't even think you know, went pretty fucking bad." he said, getting closer to me. "she needed a friend, her original thought was to go to aniya it wasn't even me, nor Calum, nor even fucking Michael who she usually goes to for protection anyways."

"so you fuck her?" I said, getting closer to him. "knowing, just knowing how I felt about everything last year, you had sex with her, then don't even tell me about it."

"trust me, with everything in me; I wanted to tell you."

"then why didn't you?" I said, getting aggressive again.

"because of her!" he yelled. "Vanessa didn't want you to know because she was- no, she IS so fucking in love with you. She told me not to say anything." I backed off of him and leaned onto the counter. "that night...one thing leads to another. For that, luke, listen, I am sorry. It wasn't my plan or intention to have sex with Vanessa. We both immediately regretted it, if anything."

"I fucked up that bad last year, huh?"

"you nearly broke her," he said but in a calming voice. "but you also fixed it, shit, you're even going to be a father and soon to be husband."

"yea well, that's even if she says yes."

"uh yeah, I think now would be the perfect time to ask her." he hinted. I grinned at the thought and rushed to my room to get the ring, and I had a feeling that this would be the week I ask and now is the time.

I went back downstairs to see if I could even find her, but instead, I found aniya and Michael having a conversation. "are we calmed down?" I asked, leaning in the doorway. Michael nodded his head, and I went in to sit in front of them.

"did he tell you?" aniya asked. I nodded my head and heard Michael gasp.

"is now the time?" he asked, referring to the ring box in my hand. I smiled at it and back at him. 

"yea, no better time than now, and I think she needs it." I said, looking around to see if I could find her. "but where is she?"

"she locked herself in the room; I tried getting her out," aniya mentioned. Then I noticed what Michael was talking about. "you're proposing to Vanessa?" she asked, sounding shocked.