Surprise

the first day of classes is today.

the first day of classes without luke once again today.

I sighed at the thought of this and aniya immediately recognized the sound. "I know, I don't like it either, but they'll be here sooner than later at this point," she said putting on her jewelry. I looked at her then back at the mirror.

"The good thing about today is my first class is a music recording and I'm not taking a math course this semester at all,"

"you're lucky," she said standing up. "you ready to grab some food."

"yea comes on," I grabbed my bag then we headed out. luckily being on the second floor we were on the lobby floor as well. so there was no going up or down the stairs. just out the door as quick as possible. as much as I missed the school and its environment the one thing I didn't miss was this hill. I never understood why the actual school is on a hill and the dorms and gym are at the bottom of the hill, but we eventually made it up and went straight to the cafeteria to get food. 

however, it seems like everyone wanted to get their food at the same time and we got stuck in the back of a long line. "ahh shit, we gonna be late for class," aniya complained. I sighed and looked forward. I was so hungry.

"let's focus on the bright side," I said attempting to lift her spirits. "I haven't felt nauseous all morning," I smiled.

she gave out a smile that I knew was fake, "it's still early."

"you're a buzzkill you know that," I said dropping my smile. 

aniya was going to respond but this random girl jumped in before anything was said, "hey your Vanessa right?" she asked with a smile. aniya and I both look at each other then I responded.

"uhm yea I am, you?"

"im gabby," she responded with a smile then looked at aniya. "aniya?"

"uh-huh, that's me."

gabby looked in front of her then turned back to us, "if you guys want you can cut me and my friends."

aniya and I looked in front of her seeing 3 other girls look at us smiling and waving. "are you sure?" I asked confused.

"yea we don't have class until later," Gabby moved out the way with her 3 other friends following.

"thanks cause we would have been late," aniya said pulling me along with her to the front of the group and ordered our usual breakfast. it was quiet for a bit up till we got asked our first of many questions throughout the day.

"so uhm Vanessa, aniya?" one of the girls grabbed our attention. "by any chance do you know when...the band is coming back?" she asked shyly.

I looked at aniya smiling, "of fucking course," she mouthed rolling her eyes. then I turned back to the girl.

"Currently we are un-"

"oh Debbie didn't you hear?" the girl behind her cut me off, but caught mines and aniyas attention. "they came back last night."

the girl gasped with excitement, "they did??" she asked with a huge smile.

"they did?" aniya and I asked confused. I turned back to aniya to see my food ready.

"did you know?" I asked grabbing my food as she grabbed hers.

"no you?" she responded and I took out my phone.

"no, nor did I get any texts from them," I put my phone away and went over to make some coffee.

"no coffee," she said stopping me. "you know you can't have any coffee while you like that."