Why her? What did she do that was so wrong? 

Still, to this day, I wished they killed my father, then I wouldn't be in this situation right now. Mamma wouldn't be a part of the earth, my brothers would mildly like me, my father wouldn't be an issue, the Armani's would've left us alone, I wouldn't be set on suicide missions, Mamma's mother would've taken us in, we could've gotten out of the mafia before it got this bad. 

Obviously, fate had other plans, and if I ever get to meet whatever entity fate may be, I will do her a personal favor by settling with only a roundhouse kick to the ass. 

I punched in the code on the door, pleading with the air around me to fill with the click of submission. Once the door was unlocked, I pushed it open softly and poked my head through. It was closed, only light from the second-floor hallway lamp illuminating a soft glow through the large room. 

I shut the door behind me and made a silent beeline towards the storage supply room for the drinks, praying that no one would jump out from behind the bar. 

What is this, Zhara? Criminal Minds?

I scoffed quietly at my thoughts and unlocked the metal door, checking over my shoulder all the time. They would probably see this on the cameras, but I will be long gone by the time they can trace me. 

The door behind me shuts as I step inside, slightly making me jump. I hurry over to the last shelf of alcohol, trying to keep my footsteps silent. I push the shelf out just barely, being gentle so the entire shelf doesn't go crashing down. 

I smile to myself when I see the tampered vent for airflow behind the shelf, quickly reaching for my earring. I twist the pointy part of the gem inside the screw, trying to contain my laughter at the two-hundred-dollar diamond being used as a screwdriver. The screw falls out eventually, mixing itself with the dust and darkness of the floor. 

I know I'm not getting that thing back. 

I put my earring back in its place in my lobe, trying not to mess up my other piercings. Yes, I know, I'm one of those girls. 5 piercings on each ear, mate, and more to come. 

I pull the side of the vent that is unscrewed open, slightly breaking the other side as the little pouch comes into view. I slide my hand between the opening and grab the pouch, a little victory dance playing itself out in my head. 

Father, your stealth training came in handy...

I shut the vent and push the shelf back, then check to make sure the five-grand is still intact. Seeing the insane amount of my savings in the bag, I zip it up quickly and shove it into my duffel, closing it securely. 

I make my way back towards the closet door and take a deep breath before twisting the knob and pulling it open. The creak of the door has me cringing as I hurriedly shut it, stepping out from behind the bar counter. 

"Zhara?!" 

I swear I about shit my pants. 

With my heart in my throat, I jump around quickly, grabbing the first thing in sight and holding it up above my head, ready to strike. 

The confused look in the green-eyed man is what stops my attack. 

With a long sigh of relief, I put the...plunger...down back where I got it. 

"You scared the shit out of me, Flynn. What are you doing here?" I ask, tilting my head at the green-eyed idiot as I plant my hands on my hips. 

"I had nightshift tonight. Now what are you doing here at," he checked his watch, "3 am?"