"You gone help me carry it?" I ask, he nods.

"If you carrying leave that shit in ya car." Man fuck, I knew I was forgetting something.

"Y'all making people uncomfortable." Anne Heirs grandma walked up to us stick in hand, who ass she whopping?

"Just helping with the food." Heir handed her the two foil pans of seafood he was holding then turned to grab some other stuff.

"You ain't have to baby." She smiled up at me.

"I ain't wanna come empty handed." She nodded and walked off.

I grabbed my bottle and helped Heir spilt the remaining food not wanting to make two trips. Everyone stared at us as we walked and it was starting to piss me off, was we posed to shoot every time we meet?

After placing down the food I offered to stay and help while Heir ran off. I know folks round here not finna welcome me with open arms so I'll stick to the older women who won't mind my presence.

Why did I come? I feel like I'm going to be asking myself that question the entire time.

I helped plate out food then carry the food to the folks who couldn't walk or stand up for too long. Heir watched me the entire time. After that I was forced to deal with the kids since I wanna be helpful. Heir was still watching me. I wanted to keep helping but I got chased away when it was time to set food aside to take home. Heir still watching.

I made myself comfortable under a tree, popped my bottle and entertained myself with PaintPop 3D.

This shit lame, only because I ain't know anyone.

"So you just finna be antisocial." Heir snatched my bottle sitting in front of me.

"Yup." I snatched it back.

"We behaving today." He snatched it back.

"I'm always behaving unlike you and your people." That's the shit I had to handle earlier.

Heir sighed. "I ain't give he no orders and I'm a handle it." He squinted his eyes at me.

"Been handed nigga keep up." I winked at him, he chuckled.

Heir and I drank, smoked and played cards while everyone stared at us as if they were expecting something to happen. Like I said ain't no beef between us but Bloods and Crips aren't supposed to get along so that's why everybody tense. I don't get it, are we supposed to start beefing for no reason just because that's the way it's supposed to be? I know niggas before us started pointless shit just because but we better, I ain't sending for nobody less they send for me.

After sometime we got bored of playing cards and starting questioning each other, I ain't mind at first but Heir started getting weird.

"Boys or girls?" He asked.

"I ain't no pedophile, fuck you mean boys or girls?" He quickly grew annoyed.

"Nigga is you gay or straight?" He asked with hella attitude.

"I only been with women so I guess that makes me straight." He smirked.

"What if a man showed interest?" Why the hell he asking me these weird ass questions?

"I ain't know." I shrugged. "Although more and more people are becoming aware of the LGBT community look at where we live niggas steady getting jumped or killed for even looking funny." He sighed looking away from me.

"You the man?" I ain't slow, there's only one reason why he'd be asking me these questions.

"And if I am?" He was back to his cocky self confirming my suspicions.

Before I could respond both our stomachs went off, perfect timing. I just know I was finna say something stupid, on top of that we been smoking and drinking on empty stomachs.

Heir filled his plate with what I cooked and that's it he ain't touch anybody else food. I on the other hand had to settle for other people food because all mine was gone Heir got the last. White rice drowned in lamb stew, Mac and cheese, fried chicken, potato salad and cornbread. Who the fuck ate all my coffee cake?

Heir was back in the same place under the tree, I walked over to him.

"I was finna eat in my car so I could sleep afterwards." Unhealthy I know.

"Ort." He stood up. "Car my food wid you I gine get we drinks." Before I could respond Heir took off.

We got too comfortable with each other too quick.

Sitting in the drivers seat I picked away at my food, it's actually not that bad just greasy as hell.

"You drink Fanta right?" I nodded.

Heir handed me the drink, I handed him his plate.

We ate but not in silence, this nigga chew loud as hell and felt the need to critique my cooking, at least he ain't had nothing bad to say. I did notice nobody seemed to notice our absence but it was time for dancing so I don't think people would be checking for us like that.

"Back to our conversation." Heir belched without saying excuse.

"Nasty ass." I scrunched up my face at him. "What exactly do you want Heir?" He turned to face me.

"You nigga."

Should've stayed my black ass at home.