Chapter 7

You hated leaving Spencer behind, but you felt like it was your only option. You and Rossi went up the stairs in a tense silence. You hadn't trusted the elevator especially after your last ride so up the stairs it was. You think back to Reid's answer your last question. Was the unsub a previous criminal? He said it was complicated, but how could it be? Either they committed a crime in the past or they didn't, right? Your thoughts shift to Emily. Oh god Emily, what has she done with you? Thinking of her makes you go up the stairs even faster. Rossi lags behind. Soon you reach the next floor and slowly open the door. There's no one in sight. You motion to Rossi to follow you, but to keep quiet just in case.

        On this floor there are only ten rooms, but they are the largest. You slowly check the rooms by trying the handles and closely listening. Rossi helps as well. At the third door, Rossi calls you over. On the other side of the door you can hear crying. You look at Rossi and he gives you a nod. You knock on the door.

        The crying stops, "Who is it?" JJ asks.

        "JJ? It's Y/N and Rossi!" you say excitedly.

        There's some shuffling around the room and you can hear JJ standing next to the door. "Y/N, is it really you?"

        "Yeah, hey, everything is going to be alright. Why are you crying? Is Emily okay?" you ask worriedly.

        "I don't know. I haven't seen her since I woke up, but the unsub... They, um, told me you guys had left me and I don't even know why I believed them. But they also showed me a photo of..." she can't seem to bring herself to say whatever it is out loud. "Nevermind," she says sniffling. You can tell she's trying to wrangle her emotions back inside.

        "JJ it's okay. We're not leaving here without you," you say.

        "Yeah, kiddo. We're going to get you out of there. Now is there anything in the room that seems useful?" Rossi adds.

        "Um, there's a radio, like a walkie talkie," JJ says. You hear her walk away from the door and into the room. After a couple of seconds she's back at the door. "It's set to a channel and I can't change it."

        "Try talking into it?" you suggest. The radio crackles and beeps.

        "Hello, is anyone there?" JJ asks.

        After a couple seconds of waiting you get a crackling response, "Who did it?"

        "Who did what?" JJ replies. There is no answer. "Y/N, Rossi, do you guys have any idea what they're talking about?"

        You think for a moment and are reminded of the file that was in your room. "I think I know what she's talking about! Hold on I'll be right back." You take off to your room with Rossi standing at the watching you confused. While you're gone Rossi explains that the unsub is a woman that Spencer knows and you and Rossi don't know.

        Before heading back to Rossi and JJ, you stop by Spencer's room. You tell him that you found JJ and you ask if she knows the unsub. He replies yes.

        Soon you're back at JJ's door with the file. You tell them how JJ knows the unsub according to Spencer. JJ asks about Spencer and you tell her about his current condition.

        "Do you have any idea's on who the unsub is?" you ask hopefully.

        "Not at the moment," JJ sighs. "Anyway what's in the file?" You read off the profile and describe the orange car. You hear JJ gasp. "I remember that case!" You hear her pick up the walkie talkie and press the button to speak. "Richard Slessman and Timothy...um, shit." After a few seconds JJ remembers the name. "Timothy Vogel!"