Ch. 70: The End?

The morning was spent sleeping in, a mess of tangled limbs and soft words to try to lure each other back to sleep just a little bit longer.

Just stay like this a little bit longer before we leave for our original home.

All good things come to an end eventually, sadly.

We got up eventually, all four of us for a change instead of each of us getting up on our own schedule like has become normal of us. Stomachs empty and growling to replenish the lost energy spent staying up so late last night.

"What're we doing with this place when we leave? Just giving it over to the city for them to use?" Nick asked, voice deep with sleep still as he stood from the bed after Clay was already up pulling on his signature hoodie.

"Yeah, I told Arius he could feel free to move in if he wants. They've done a lot for us, and if we're lucky we're not coming back, so why not." Clay answered him before holding a hand out to help me up out of the bed.

I took it, giggling as he effortlessly pulled me to my feet and pressed a kiss to my temple before kicking the bed to hurry George up as well.

George got up finally after pulling on his t-shirt, slipping his shoes on with a big yawn.

"Let's get some food. We'll need the energy for tonight." George reminded before one of their stomachs growled in reminder to our main reason for forfeiting the comfort of our shared massive bed.

We made our way out to the kitchen to find we were alone; the others probably ate earlier at normal hours for breakfast.

Not late morning, early afternoon like we are choosing to do since we stayed up so late and slept in today for our last day.

"Do you want some eggs?" George asked as I helped him get our late breakfast ready, his shoulder brushing against mine before Clay joined us at the counter.

"I'll help. You two have done this most of the time we've been here, it's not fair to let you do it the last day too." Clay offered and reached over me to grab one of the eggs George had pulled out.

"I'd offer to help too, but last time I did most of the food was burnt." I snorted back a laugh at the memory of that dinner, and the reason why we choose not to ask Nick to help with the food anymore.

"It's fine, Nicky. Three of us can handle it, just grab the drinks if you don't mind." I offered and he immediately jumped up from where he was sat on the edge of the table.

"I'm on it, darlin'."

We soon learned we weren't the only ones who slept in when everyone else started joining us with sleepy yawns. Likely drawn out by the delicious smell of breakfast.

It's a good thing we were making extra to begin with, to bring for our trip through the Nether to the Pillager City.

Soon, we were all sat around the table for breakfast one last time. The table loaded with food; we were all happily digging into our late breakfast.

"Thank you for making breakfast." Wilbur thanked the three of us who cooked as he scooped some more scrambled eggs onto his plate.

"You're welcome."

"It's really good." Tommy for once waited until his mouth wasn't full to talk.

"Everyone slept in, so this was a great wake up." Bad hummed happily and handed a piece of toast down to Rat.

"Wait! What about the dogs? We can't just leave our dogs behind!" Tubbo all of a sudden got some energy, reaching down to pat Pippet when he went past to try to get some scraps like Rat was.