Ch. 57: Inner Thoughts

I stared at the black dotted line across Clay's map wall, a line he had made after testing out the Eyes of Ender we have collected.

Of which we're now two short, because Tommy and Tubbo tested two of them and they somehow broke when they came back down from the air like they usually do for us to catch.

It's why I'm down here hiding. All day has been arguing up in the base. Nonsense that doesn't matter because we have extra blaze rods, and we have extra pearls as well.

But Clay is pissed because those Eyes were sitting in his private chest in his room. The only room that is off limits in the entire base.

But Tommy and Tubbo snuck in while we were out working and took two of them to try to see where they lead them to.

Didn't get very far...

At least the two kids didn't come in when we were sleeping and see our sleeping arrangement. That would be a lot worse, because not only would Clay be pissed about his space being invaded but he'd be pissed to be caught maskless.

As well as caught in that kind of scenario with me laying half on his chest, and George spooning me from behind.

It's not like the entire team doesn't already know that we've all just been crashing in Dream's room every night in the bed big enough to fit five or six people. But they don't know about why we do.

"Beautiful?" I looked away from Clay's intricate maps as he slid down the ladder, pushing his mask aside with a frustrated sigh. "This is where you're hiding?"

"I was just admiring your maps." I waved a hand towards the wall as he walked over to me.

"Why're you actually hiding down here?" Clay asked, taking my hand and leading me over towards the couch he had put down here a while ago when he decided this could be our little private escape with each other.

Clay sat first, before pulling my legs up over his lap once I was sitting down as well. "I don't want to hear the arguing and shouting anymore." I revealed, his thumb brushing over my calf.

"I'm sorry. I'm just...this is my room. I told them they weren't allowed in here."

"They're kids, Clay. Just...forgive and forget, okay? They know they were in the wrong."

Clay's jaw tensed, looking away from me with another sigh from his nose.

"Beautiful, this is our space. We already share everything else with the rest of the team and even the villagers now. I want just one place where I can go where I know I've got a little privacy."

That's understandable. His room is his sanctum, and it took George, Nick and I a while to get used to being allowed in here with him.

"I'm moving the Eyes down here where they're safe from them. We need those to help us get back home, and those..." I stopped Clay from insulting Tommy and Tubbo for a mistake by reaching up and leading his gaze to me.

He softened when I scooted in closer and kissed him, an easy enough way to help him relax.

"It's alright, Clay. Just relax." I stroked my fingers across the back of his head, through his dirty blond hair.

"I want to get you home, beautiful. Like, now. Before there's any chance of those pillagers coming back for round three." Clay admitted softly, and my heart cracked at the truth pouring out.

It's not that Tommy and Tubbo broke some of the eyes. It's that they could have hindered our chance of getting home soon if they had taken more than they had. That they were tempting all our chances of going home just out of curios boredom.