I go into the bathroom and quickly put my hair into a ponytail and grab the first aid kit to treat his wound. Rushing around I grab everything I could think of. Alcohol and a washcloth.

"Um."

I head back into the bedroom and I take a good look at the man in front of me. He is young, maybe the same age as me? He is so young and he almost died delivering a message to his Alpha.. my mate.

I sit next to him and begin to treat his neck. "I'm so sorry.." I whisper out as he flinched as the cotton pad of alcohol touches his skin. "Sorry. " I say embarrassed.

He shakes his head slightly amused. "Um, this is not necessary my queen." He says. His voice is more clear now.

I raise an eyebrow as I was about to speak and ask why his purple and blue-marked neck with the fingerprints of my mate begin to disappear.

"Oh."

I forgot.

He stands up and shrugs. "We heal faster than humans Alpha Queen." He says.

I grimace at the title. "Please don't call me that, call me Sora."

He looks uncomfortable.

"What's your name? Does he do that often by the way?" I ask with a frown as I begin to tidy the room. I hate mess and right now it's too messy for my liking.

"Jonas Miller Alpha queen and.. uh.. he has never done that before, the news was not good, it was my fault." He shrugs and he leans against the wall uninterested in this conversation.

I freeze in what I was doing. "How can you say that?" I say, my voice slightly rising. "When he gets back I'm going to choke him." I mutter quietly with promise.

Jonas laughs and gets a twinkle in his eye as he looks at me. "You are the only one who he would allow to choke him Alpha Queen, anyone else would die in the attempt." He says amused.

I snort to hide my smile. I sit down and recall what he said that set Kane off in the first place.

"How did she die?" I ask.

He stares at me for a moment, reads my face then sighs. "She killed herself Alpha queen, with a knife she had disguised as a hair clip."

I take what he says all in and it makes me angry. Why? Why would she kill herself? It makes no sense!

"Did any of her people see her do it?" I ask as I begin to look for my shoes.

"Yes Alpha queen, they all know why but would not tell, they.. they will only tell you." He says and I halt in my step.

Me?

"What do you mean they will only tell me?" I ask confused.

I had only spoken to Lila for a short amount of time. The first time I met her she treated me weirdly sure.. but she only did it to get under Kane's skin. It makes zero sense that her people would only tell me why and not Kane.

Jonas doesn't say anything else after that.

He left the room and was stood outside the bedroom door as 'guard'

More to make sure I don't leave, with this newfound information he has told me.

If he knew this then Kane no doubt has learned of this.. and he is not getting me involved.

Hours go by, too stressed with overthinking why Lila would do this and why she would only want me to know drove me to the bed, where I fell asleep for god knows how long.