He killed my mom

Začít od začátku

   "It's because he's already made up his mind," Steve interrupted. 

Your brother stood up from the sofa lazily, walking closer to the kitchen that was right next to him. "Oh you know me so well. But actually in nursing my electromagnetic headache," 

You saw Natasha try to supress a smile, which made your eyebrows furrow in concentration. Tony started talking about something but all noise turned into incoherent hums as thoughts raced 100 miles per hour. Will I be forced to fight my friends? Will this even turn into another fight?

   "There's no decision making process here," Tony shrugged. "We need to be put in check and whatever form that takes, I'm game. If we can't accept limitations we're boundary less we're no better than the bad guys," 

You sighed loudly, receiving a disapproving look from Rhodey and Tony. Steve looked away from you and started speaking. "If someone dies on your watch, you don't give up," 

   "Who said we're giving up?" Tony asked, raising a brow.

   "We are for not taking responsibility for our actions, this document just shifts to blame," 

   "Sorry Steve, that is dangerously arrogant. This is the united nations we're talking about. It's not the worlds security council, it's not SHEILD, it's not Hydra." Rhodey butted in. His brows were creased in dissatisfaction.

   "No but it's run by people with agendas," You suddenly spoke up, receiving shocked faces from your peers. "And agendas change,"

Tony, out of fury, stood up and walked closer to the group. "That's why I'm here. When I realised what my weapons were capable of in the wrong hands I shut it down, I stopped manufacturing." His voice was laced with venom.

   "Tony. You chose to do that." You explained, "If we sign this we surrender our right to choose,"  The air felt thick as you tried to make your voice more confident. 

   "I'm sorry who's side are you on?" Tony leaned against the back of the sofa. His eyes stared at you as if he was an eagle stalking its prey. You felt as if he saw right through you onto the wall behind you.

You looked up at him sadly then looked back down again. "I think Steve's right," You shrugged. 

Steve continued instantly, trying to move the attention from you to him. "What if this panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go? What if there's somewhere we need to go and they don't let us? We may not be perfect but the safest hands are still our own." 

   "If we don't do this now it's going to be done to us later. That's the fact and that won't be pretty," Tony's voice rang in your ears.

   "You're saying they'll come for me," Wanda's voice made your head turn to hers, making Tony's voice in your head fade away.

   "We would protect you," Vision ensured Wanda, who looked at him sceptically.

   "Maybe Tony's right," Natasha unexpectedly said causing you to cringe. Sam must have seen because he gave you a sympathetic look when you turned your head back to Natasha. "If we have one hand on the wheel we can still steer. If we take it off-" 

   "Aren't you the same woman who told the government to kiss her ass a couple years ago?" Sam asked, almost appalled. 

   "I'm just- I'm reading the terrain," She sighed. "We have made some very public mistakes and we need to win their trust back,"

   "Focus up, I'm sorry. Did you just agree with me?" Tony asked sarcastically. 

   "Oh I wanna take it back now," Natasha smiled.