Amber Antags

Words: Parrot, ghost, axe

Grian sighed, as he continued to walk through the jungle, axe over his shoulder. Where were all of the stupid parrots? All he wanted was a head to add to his collection (and prank his server mates with). It felt like whenever he didn't need parrots they were everywhere, but the second he actually needed them they were nowhere to be found! It was almost like they'd sensed his murderous intent and scarpered, which was obviously a silly idea. Grian simply sighed, and kept hiking through the jungle, stepping around the vines and roots that laced the forest floor.

What felt like an eternity later (but was actually only ten minutes), he finally found one of the birds in question, perched atop a branch just out of reach

Seriously? he thought, grabbing some blocks out of his inventory, pillaring up to try and hit the bird.

It perished in one hit (the advantage of late-game equipment), dropping a small amount of experience points... and a small cuboid object, exactly what he'd been looking for this entire time.

"Finally! I got the stupid head!" Grian laughed, shoving the item into one of the darkest corners of his elder chest and heading back to his base. 

However, a short way away, a bird-like figure rose out of the ground, with one thought on its mind:

Vengeance.

The ghostly creature flitted around looking for the man, the light catching on its opaque wings. After making its way through various foliage and plant life, the feathered fiend flew among the clouds to get a better view of the environment and where its murderer might be.

It weaved through Mumbo's base and soared through the trees in scars magical village, ignoring the ghosts of animals past wandering aimlessly on the ground. When the restless parrot finally laid eyes on the gremlin like hermit it swooped down at a rapid speed, blinded with rage and pecked at him relentlessly.

Swarming him.

"What do you want from me...?" He cried out, trying to get away from the ghostly parrot.

"Release...." it murmured, its ghostly voice reminding Grian of the vex.

"What do you mean, 'release'?" He said, his voice filled with desperation as he continued to back away from the ghost. He didn't like to think what might happen if the ghost caught him

"Spirit... restless.... body... remains" The voice sent shivers down Grian's spine. He really hated it.

"Body remains? But animals disappear after they die...." Grian paused "The head" he whispered, realization dawning over him.

"The... head..." The transparent bird murmured, almost in agreement.

"I-I'll get the head, just wait here please. Don't- Don't kill me..." Grian pleaded, before turning and running towards his old hobbit hole. 'The pesky bird head... where did I keep it again..?' he thought to himself as he rummaged through his disorganized chests. After 5 minutes he found it.

"The... head.."

He turned around. The spirit was at the front door of the hobbit hole.

"It's here, take it!" He said, throwing at the freaky bird.

"I... cannot... destroy... only... you" It murmured. "Fire..." Grian's mind was racing, fear and adrenaline coursing through his body. 

"Fire... Flint and Steel!" He opened a chest and found some. The spirit came forward a little bit. Grian lit the head on fire, before it could come any closer. "There! Happy?"

"Thank.... You" It whispered before slowly fading out of existence.

Score: 8