𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

Start from the beginning

Bruce looked between the two Starks, "Thanks, but the last time I was in New York I kind of broke Harlem," he declined with a glance down as Tony circled around to his side before the two focused on the display of readings.

"Well, I promise a stress-free environment," her dad continued, moving behind Dr. Banner to his other side, "No tension, no surprises," he said as he suddenly jabbed him on the side, startling Charlotte when the zap of the electric caused Bruce to jolt where he stood, a small pained exclaim sounded from his lips.

"Dad!" Charlotte scolded as Tony narrowed his eyes, leaning closer as Bruce met his gaze while holding his side. Even for him, that was reckless.

At the same time, Steve walked into the lab and angered by what he had witnessed, glared at the billionaire. "Hey! Are you nuts?!"

"Jury's out," Tony quipped towards the Captain and Charlotte watched them with a tense expression. Her dad turned back to Bruce, ignoring Steve, "You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz, bongo drums," he leaned closer to that his daughter couldn't hear him, "...huge bag of weed?" he questioned in admiration.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asked angrily.

"Funny things are," her dad replied with a gesture of the prod.

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship, including your own daughter, isn't funny," he cast a glance towards Bruce, "No offense, Doc."

"A-Ah, it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle," he looked at the eccentric billionaire at his side, "...pointy things."

Tony smirked and breathed out a chuckle as he stepped away, stating, "And if I knew that Dr. Banner here could change into a beautiful green monster full of rage at the slightest of pinch I wouldn't have done it," he gave Steve an odd look, Charlotte didn't know if it was of teasing or hatred, "You're tip-toeing, big man - you need to strut."

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark," Steve inserted.

"You think I'm not?" Tony questioned. He turned to pose to him, grabbing a bag of blueberries from a desk, "Why did Fury call us in? Why now - why not before? What isn't he telling us?" At the three gazes fixed on him, he finished logically, "I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables."

Charlotte tried to think of an answer to that, but Steve replied first; she pouted and folded her arms across her chest, she was beginning to feel incredibly small and forgotten about as the three adults conversed.

"You think Fury's hiding something?" Steve's brow furrowed.

"He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets," Tony declared as he tossed a couple of berries into his mouth, "It's bugging him too, isn't it?" he asked, turning to face Bruce, who had resumed working.

Bruce stammered, glancing between them with wide eyes before looking down again, "I just want to finish my work here, and-"

"Doctor?" Steve prompted, interrupting him.

Bruce cast his eyes to Tony before sighing, sending a glance towards Steve before removing his glasses, "A-A warm night for all mankind - Loki's jab at Fury about the Cube-"

"I heard it," the Captain nodded.

"I didn't," Charlotte chipped in only to receive a look from her dad to keep quiet. Again, the pout returned.

Bruce looked at her before stating, "Well, I think that was meant for you," He reached into the bag and picked a few blueberries from the bag that Tony had offered him. "Even if Barton didn't tell Loki about the Tower, it was still all over the news."