|| OS - The Fire Consumes us All. ||

|| yes, this is related to my previous HC. i really liked the idea of the angst part so here i am writing it. also please dont ask about the video above i just really like it for no absolute reason ||
|| warning: contains f1r3, angst, scr32m1ng ||

you and whitty were walking through the hall ways again. this was basically your guys' routine after breakfast. you were rambling on about how you wished to go outside, while whitty just listened to you.

your guys' friendship was adorable. just two platonic kiddos going on with their day as normal. 

"i got this flower from one of the administrators! it's called a.. blue orchid i think? it's really pretty, right?" you said, taking out the flower from your pocket and looking up at him. for him to naturally look up to you as a 'big sibling' you literally have to look up at him.

you had heard about him being 5'0 when he was a baby, and now he's 6 feet tall. jesus christ, and you were staying the same height for a while now. it had been a few years since you last became taller, and you've been staying at this height and it's making you pretty mad.

anyways. whitty looked at the flower and softly took it from you. you looked up confused at him. "flower.. you." he mumbled, before placing the flower next to your ear. you got what he meant and smiled, "aw, thanks whitty!"

he gave a small smile, before gently grasping your hand and continuing your guys' daily walk.

some administrators were talking in the halls, making whitty gently push you behind him and letting him guide you. you knew he didn't like the administrators, but you never actually knew why he had a reason to not like them.

they were mostly friendly to you. if friendly means letting you live and just roam around and eat as if you weren't a failed experiment, but you weren't sure what they did to whitty. you didn't want to think about that. 

you rubbed his arm, "it's okay whitty." he shook his head, and let you return to his side, allowing you both to walk side by side and hand in hand. your talking and the sound of your guys' footsteps making echoes throughout the slightly empty hall ways.

you guys walked into the nature laboratory. basically, the nature lab was a huge round ball, which was clear, and had plants and butterflies in the ball. you stretched your body as you stopped in front of the door behind you.

you look at whitty, "this lab has to be the most peaceful lab. don't you think so?" whitty nodded. he wasn't much of a talker, but he knew how to listen despite literally not having ears. he's a bomb, a thing that basically blows up.

he still sometimes wonders why you're friends with him.

you two sat in front of the clear glass. despite normal glass being easy to break, the facility had made it so that the glass was basically unbreakable. it could stand a boulder hitting it, even though that may cause damage to it. though, the glass was always repaired after any tragic incident. it also had an invisible shield in front of it, so experiments wouldn't be able to scream for help or be able to be seen, but the insiders can easily see the outside world. if anything bad happened outside, like let's say a f1r3, it would be replaced with a sunny atmosphere instead to not alarm experiments.

you touched the glass, your finger tracing a flower that was right in front of the glass. "sometimes i wish i could get out of here, you know?" you turn to him, making him turn his eyes to you.

you held his hands, "we could escape together! we would look so cool, not like we aren't already cool, but you know what i'm saying, right whitty?" his expression looked pressured. you scooted away from him, "haha, sorry, i was rambling again wasn't i? you know, you should sometimes stop me."

whitty shook his head, "it's..fine." you shook your head back at him, "no it isn't! what if i annoy you and you don't stop me because i was to busy talking?" whitty looked at you and waved both his hands in a reassuring manner, "no no, it's fine."

you sighed, deciding to let it go and not push him further. you remembered when he exploded one time. you got scared and started crying, and he had to comfort you even though he wasn't the best at it.

"sorry.." you said, looking up at him. he patted your head, "it's okay.." he smiled down at you, and you smiled back.

the atmosphere was so childish and peaceful. despite the terrible things that go on in here, whitty made it worth living here at least.

an orange butterfly landed on whitty's head, making him confused and look up at it. you gasp slightly, and giggle, "look, the monarch butterfly likes you, whitty!" the butterfly then landed on your finger, making you smile.

"hello there!" you said, as you watch the butterfly flutter it's wings as a response. whitty smiled at you and the butterfly's interaction.

then, a loud alarm rang throughout the facility, the butterfly flying away in shock. you and whitty turn towards the noise in a panic, confused on what was happening.

|| this is where the f1r3 part begins, please skip to the safe zone if you aren't comfortable with this topic. ||

you got up, whitty following after and ran towards the doors. the doors open, revealing the dark hallways and smell of oil and ash. the sound of screaming and glass breaking rang through your ears. 

your eyes widen in fright, "whitty.. what's happening?" he turns to you and shakes his head. you see an admin rush over to the two of you and take you both by the hand, "you two need to run, now!" she exclaimed, pulling you guys with her as the smoke invaded the darkened hall.

you cough, catching whitty's attention. you, being a failed experiment, didn't have abilities like the other experiments. you lost the ability of agility, which meant you were easy to prey on since you weren't fast enough.

whitty stopped running and scooped you into his arms. it caught you by surprise, since whitty never did this before. he then continued running.

you looked behind and saw the flames invading the halls rather quickly, the smoke making it hard to breathe. you cough more, whitty doing the same. he slowed, him falling over and try catching his breathe.

you saw the fire approaching, the blaze brightly glowing. you turned back to whitty to see him on the floor.

you gasped, "wh-whitty! get up, we have to go!" you coughed between sentences. you see a man rush to you two and grab whitty. he looked down at you, and hesitantly said, "i..i'm sorry." another guy in what seemed to be in a padded like armor brought him back.

whitty opened his eyes and saw him leaving you, making him scream out your name. "Y/N!" he weakly reached his hand out, his black gasoline tears brimming at his eyes. you looked up at him, smiling weakly.

"bye bye.. whitty.." you whispered, feeling the heat of the fire behind you and take your body. you scream in pain, the fire consuming more of your body as your screams echoed through the halls.

whitty's gasoline tears never went away. he had to watch his best friend, someone he thought of as a sibling just die and he couldn't do anything.

|| safe zone here. the tw is gone. ||

'sometimes i wish i could get out of here, you know?' he remembered you saying. your wish. he promised himself he would fulfill that wish for you. he wouldn't forget you.

he promises.

|| AAGH, MY BACK HURTS- ||