28

Camila's Pov
In the car
Liam and Hayden are in the backseat and Theo and I are upfront. I turn around in my seat and see Hayden groaning out in pain, I reach back and grab a hold of her hand. She holds my hand back and I rub my thumb over the top of her hand before I close my eyes and start to take away pain.

I bite my bottom lip as it hurts but I try not to let it show.

"Cammy you've taken enough." Liam says and tries to pry my hand off of Hayden but I flash my eyes and growl at him.

"Cam." Theo says taking his eyes off the road for a second.

I turn back and look at Theo before returning my eyes back to normal. I look back at Liam and give him a sad smile.

"I'm sorry." I say to him but he nods it off and allows me to help Hayden again.

We pull up outside of Deaton's and I quickly grab Hayden out of Liams arms and carry her into the clinic, not waiting for the boys. I prop myself against the wall and lay Hayden in my lap.

"I promise that I will do everything I can to protect you." I say and Hayden looks at me.

"Thank you." she says gently as the boys run into the room.

Liam immediately crouches down and grabs ahold of Hayden's other hand. A few minutes later Scott walks in, drenched from the rain.

"She's getting worse, I think she's dying." Liam begins saying to Scott.

Hayden looks up at me scared.

"Your gonna be fine Hayden. Remember I promised you that." I say stroking her hair out of her face.

She nods and looks back over at Liam as I start to take away more pain.

"It's got to be some sort of mercury poisoning." Theo says.

"Scott remember what you promised me. You said you'd do everything you could do to save her." Liam starts.

Scott nods.

"If she's a real werewolf we can save her. You've gotta give her the bite!" Liam shouts at Scott.

"No." Scott answers.

"What do you mean no?" Liam questions angrily.

"Liam look at her, she's too weak, it'll kill her. We don't even know what the mercury is doing to her, we don't even know if it is mercury." Scott argues.

"Fine then you give her the bite Camila." Liam says turning around to me.

I'm startled and I don't say anything and I look at Hayden sadly.

"Camila." Liam repeats.

I look up at Liam sadly.

"Cammy?" Liam softly says.

I look down at Hayden before sadly shaking my head.

"I can't. I'm sorry Li but I can't do something that is most likely going to kill her. Scott can do it but I don't want to be the reason she dies if something goes wrong."I stumble through my words as I look at Hayden.

She grips tighter onto my hand in a way of saying 'it's okay'.

Liam sighs before giving me a small nod and looking back at Scott.

"I'm not gonna make Camila lose someone else. So if Camila isn't gonna do it then you have to." Liam says giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Look I'm not doing it Liam." Scott says defensively.

"You promised. You promised you'd do everything you could to save her." Liam says angrily.

"There's...t-there's gotta be..."Scott starts breathing heavily because of his asthma.