Veldore stared at me for a moment, silent. Then turned around and glared at the wall.

        "No."

        "Please Veldore."

        "No."

        "Please Veldore I would not stray far from the palace I promise!"

        "N-" He began.

        "You will have your men there! I could not run away even if I desired it! Please Veldore!"

        "No." He turned back to me and I shrank back into the bed at the sight of his raging glare. "If you mention this again I might just return you to your chains."

        "Veldore..." I trailed off.

        My eyes returned to the guard who was now somewhat baffled, swinging his head from me to Veldore to me to Veldore with wide eyes. 

        Veldore turned to glare at the guard and he quickly stilled, evidently frightened by whatever dark look Veldore was sending him.

        His eyes found mine and I turned to stare at my toes. My eyes downcast and miserable. When I turned to look up at him again I could see that hint of guilt in his eyes that gave me hope.

        He growled. "Fine." He slipped out of the bed and began to slip into his clothes. A shame really, there was a time when I would admire the clothes he wore, however now they only seemed to be in the way. "But know this Cinde. If you dare to even so much as hint at running away, I will have you chained to the altar if it is necessary. Like I have said once before, no second chances will be given."

        I nodded and smiled.

        He turned to the guard who was still frozen in place, his eyes darting between us. "Fetch us the men."

        ****

        When the guards arrived Veldore had already dressed and left. Apparently heading for the main hall in hope to somehow help with the preparation of the marking ceremony.

        They clambered into the room clumsily, their armor clanging against each other's. I noticed pieces of chain hanging from their hilt which where no doubt cuffs or restraints of some kind. I frowned at them, hoping dearly Veldore had not changed his mind on keeping me chained up.

        One noticed my look. "Not for you your majesty, only in case." He said in some poor attempt to calm my thoughts.

        What was that to mean? Only in case?

        I simply nodded and followed them to the door. I was surprised when they halted me. Placing a stubby hand against my chest gently.

        "Ah yes sir there is an issue..." One began.

        "Just a small thing sir..." Another continued.

        "Sir maybe you should shower..." One said, blushing at his shoes and looking anywhere but my face.

        I was confused. "What do you mean?"

        "Sir the mating smell... Really rubs off on others." The first one spoke. He was staring almost dazedly at my neck and travelling slowly upwards to my face before snapping back to reality. It felt some how wrong and made me uneasy.