Chapter Four: Meet His Family

Disclaimer: everything but Beverly and her family belong to Stephanie Meyer.

$&@&&@$&@$

The house was big and spacious. The windows were very big that it brought alot of light into the house. I turned to Jasper who was closing the door. "The house is beautiful," I told him. He gave me a smile. "Thank you darlin'," he said. Jasper helped me take my jacket off. He was really a southern gentlemen.

"Um...can I ask you a question?" I asked him. He looked at me in the eye. "Sure," he said in a bit of a drawl. "Are you a southerner by any chance. You have a distinct accent specifically from Texas," I asked him. He nodded his head. "I did come from the south with my sister Rosalie," he said. I nodded my head. "Don't worry. Your accent is nice. I haven't used my accent in a while," I told him. He gave me a smile.

He took my hand and led me up the stairs. I saw a bunch of graduation caps on the wall. I didn't think much of it. He led me to what looked like the living room. I saw Emmett and Edward playing video games. Rosalie and Alice were watching them play. I heard footsteps coming towards us. I turned to see a woman with brown hair. She had a motherly smile on. {Is she the foster mother?}

"Hello you must be Beverly," she said with a smile. "Um hello and....yes I am," I told her with a smile. "This is my foster mother Esme," Jasper introduced to me. "Its nice to me you," she said. "Its nice to met you too," I said in return. She was really nice. Next thing I knew, Emmett came to us. "Hi I'm Emmett," he introduced himself. "Hi," I said. Everyone started to come towards me. I started to get nervous. I haven't had this much attention since I was little.

I felt a hand on my small lower back. I turned to see Jasper very close to me. He glared at Emmett. Emmett backed away a bit. {What is that all about?} }Suddenly, I started to feel calm and not nervous anymore. I tried not to think about it to much. Jasper seemed to calm me down when I'm near him in a good way.

"Hi. I'm Alice," she said and gave me a hug. When she pulled back, she gave me a smile. A memory came back. "You were the one who helped picked up my books from the floor," I said. Her smile grew bigger. "You remembered," she said in a bit of excitement. "Of course," I told her. {She is one of the very few people to notice me that day. Nobody cared to even help me. I'm a nobody after all.}

I turned to see Edward. He had a bit of a concerned look on his face. "Um...are you alright?" I asked him. He gave me a bit of a nod and a smile. "Hi. I am Edward Cullen," he said. I nodded and gave him a smile. I turned to Rosalie. I notice that she had been staring at me. {Did I do something wrong?} I got worried.

Rosalie finally opened her mouth. "I'm Rosalie," she said. "Nice to meet you," I said as friendly as I possibly could. I heard footsteps from the stairs. We all turned to see a man with blond gel back hair coming towards us. "You must be Beverly. I'm Carlisle Cullen," he said. I smiled at him. "Its nice to meet you and your family sir," I said.

"Please call me Carlisle," he said with a smile. "Okay," I said. Jasper excused us and we walked to his room to start our research. He opened the for for me. I walked inside and looked around. It was a big room with bookshelves filled with books. There was a desk in the room as well. There was a couch, but no bed. {Maybe the couch turned into a pull out bed,}

"I guess we should start on the research," I told him. He gave me a nod. I walked over to the bookshelf to see what books we could use. I notice that he had alot of books on the Civil War. "I guess the Civil War is your favorite subject, huh," I said to him. I picked out a few books and set them on the couch. He sat on the couch with me and started the research.

After two hours, we had more than enough information on the topic. I showed him my ancestor's diary and he was amazed at the condition that it was in. We started to do the report portion of the research. We only had to do a three page paper. I was done in a matter of an hour. It was time for me to go home. I looked at the diary. I thought that it would be to be with someone who really appreciated and loved Civil War stuff.

I turned to Jasper who was putting the books away. I walked up to him with the diary. He turned to me and I presented him the diary. "I want you to keep it," I said to him. He was surprised to what I had just said. He looked at me in the eye. "Are you sure?" he asked me. I nodded my head. "I could see that you love civil war stuff. I thought that it would be best to belong to someone who has the interest in the subject," i said to him.

He carefully took the book from me. "Thank you," he said with a smile. I smiled back. I knew that he would take really good care of it. I put my paper in my bag and we walked out to the living room. I said my goodbyes to them and Jasper dropped me off at my apartment. He walked me to the door. "Thank you for letting me do my research at your place," I said. He gave me a smile. "Anytime darlin'," he said. "Have a safe trip back home. Bye," I said and walked inside.

I walked into my room and decided to take a bath. I filled the tub with steaming water. I went into the water and let my body soak. I thought about what had happened today. I met his family, did our research, and had a great time. I haven't been around people like them for a really long time. I missed that feeling.

I got out of the tub and got dried off. I went to the kitchen and made myself some pasta for dinner. I rarely made good meals. When I had the time, I would take the time to make my meal and eat my meal. I written a check for the rent and left it on the fridge for the lady.

I decided to sleep early today. I washed up and went to bed. I thought of Jasper when I drift off to sleep.