Mirat Mustafa inherited her parents wheatish skin tone. With black hair that became fizzy during the monsoon season of Pakistan. Her face was shaped like a heart, with thin, wide heart shaped lips and dimples that seldom showed. Her skin was flawless, courtesy of the online shopping for skin care products that happened at midnight. She knew it was a problem, but was too unconcerned to care about it. All that mattered was that her skin shine all day everyday.

"Hoor Mustafa!" Hoor's name was called out.
She stepped onto the stage, making sure she did not trip. Her hands extending to grab the diploma as she smiled at the camera for a picture. Hoor was wearing a plain white suit that she had paired with a bright pink duppata. Her feet wearing the white Loubitoun's she bough herself when the boutique made its first profit.

"Mubarak ho mama!" Qirat's honey coated voice reached her after she had been pulled into a bone crushing hug by her mother.
"Shukriya meri jaan!" Hoor smiled.
Kissing her forehead. Her heart full of love for her small family.
"Pechay hato!" Mirat yanked her younger sister - by seven minutes - behind.
Taking her dear mother into her own hands. Whispering congratulations in her ears.

Hoor smiled at the both of them. Finally turning to the man who made it possible, her husband.
"Mubarak ho meri jaan!" Mustafa kissed her hands.
Hoor blushed, bending down to hug him.
"Mama chalein? Lunch keh liye late ho rahay hain?" Mirat interrupted her parents.
They both nodded instantaneously, heading out of the venue.

They had made reservations at Monal a rooftop restaurant in Lahore. Although the real one that served beautiful views was in Islamabad, they had decided to not travel too far.

"Eik chicken karahi aur eik mutton karahi kar dein. Aur 5 naan. Saath mein pehlay zara 3 garlic naan bhi dein jain". Mustafa placed the order.
They were sitting under a shed, enjoying the large fans that worked to bring them coolness. Hoor sighed, smiling at her family.
"Musi woh na subah Sajal bhabi ka phone aaya tha. Woh log kal aarahay hain. Ali aur Mirat keh Nikkah ki tareekh decide karnay," she told him.
Her eyes catching the blush on Mirat's cheeks.

Mirat was in her fourth year. And had been engaged to Ali, the son of a close friend. When this proposal had first come, Mustafa was furious. His daughter was so young and he did not want to marry her off so soon. But then it was decided that the Nikkah would happen now and they could hold the marriage after she had graduated.

Meanwhile, Qirat had just returned from England. Getting a degree in Law. She had done a sped up degree. Completing her studies in four years, and not the usual five. She had been engaged to Hoor's best friend Maliha's son Rameez.

After Rania had married Raees, Hoor had developed an amazing bond with her which meant she also made amazing relations with Maliha, Rania's university friend. And so when Rania had brought up the idea, Hoor had agreed instantaneously.

Her life was full of bliss. She had a husband who loved her unconditionally and two daughters who were getting married to the best men. Eventhough the ten year age gap was something that today's society frowned upon, her daughters seemed to care not the least bit. And instead were happy with the marriage idea.

L A T E A T N I G H T
__________________________

Hoor stepped out of her bedroom. She was feeling thirsty and the jug of water was empty. Tiptoeing out of the room, so as not to wake Mustafa up, she entered the dimly lit hallway. Halfway, to the kitchen, she began to hear noises. Of pots and pans being moved around. And she knew what was happening.

"Qirat phir itni raat ko Indomei kha rahi ho?" Hoor sighed, tired of her daughter's antics and late night obsession with the noodles.
"Ji mama. Kuch khata sa, spicy sa khaane ka man tha," Qirat replied dramatically.
Hoor slapped her forehead.
"Phir Mirat keh liye bhi bana lena. Warna phir subah dono ro rahi hon gi keh twin sai larai ho gai hai," advising her youngest child, she left.
Forgetting to drink the water that she came for.

In her heart, Hoor prayed for the eternal happiness of her family. They were her everything.

R I Z W A N 'S H O M E
●●●●¤¤●●●●

Rizwan watched the live broadcast of the University graduation. They were showing it on the tv as the chief minister of Punjab had been invited as chief guest. Seeing Hoor so confident made Rizwan regret the choices of his past. Rumaisa had not changed. After the pandemic was over, the economy had suffered and a lot of businesses shut down. Meaning the days that they had left could never return.

Rumaisa had thrown a tantrum. But what could they do infront of Allah's will? They had been blessed with two sons and one daughter. Just last week, his daughter's groom ran away from the Nikkah. It reminded him of what he had done. Nothing but regret filling his heart. Perhaps his kids were to pay for his and his wife's sins.

His in-laws were non existent. With Munazza passing away shortly after Shahrukh's imprisonment and Abdul Rehman and Rehman both passing last year. After they had drunk tea that had desi alcohol in it. It was a huge scandal. They had been served that, but nobody knew why. They were part of the hundreds that lost their lives due to that.

Rizwan turned the television off. There was no use crying over spilt milk. He smiled at Rumaisa, who had just joined him. Kissing her forehead. Accepting his crimes, but it was too late. He had forgotten to ask for forgiveness and now he would face the consequences till the Day of Judgment.

●●●●¤●●●●