"Shots!" Screams someone in the crowd and you couldn't control yourself. Three shots in, you were up for drinking any and every drink you could lay your eyes on. Walking to the table to refill your glass, you turn around to ask Hidan if he needed anything. Holding the table to steady yourself, you realize he was dancing away with unknown people having the time of his life. You look around for unfamiliar faces buzzing in and out of focus except one. Your eyes land on Obito, laughing with someone at the other corner of the room.

His smile.

It had been a while since you had seen him laughing or smiling. There was a time when you used to laugh together, the whole day only to meet next day and do it all over again. It felt so long time ago. You could almost hear his laugh in your ears. Or were you imagining him right now? It probably wasn't even him?

The world kept moving around you except him, he was the only one you could focus on. The song playing was too loud, some crappy remix of the song you loved. The words finally reach your ears and your brain decides to process them. Surely it wasn't him, it was a figment of your own drunk brain. Smiling to yourself start singing the lyrics to the song to yourself.

Yeah, I, I know it's hard to remember
The people we used to be
It's even harder to picture
That you're not here next to me
You say it's too late to make it
But is it too late to try?
And in our time that you wasted
All of our bridges burned down
I've wasted my nights
You turned out the lights
Now I'm paralyzed

He looks at you and his smile disappears. His eyes widen a bit and hold your gaze. You take another sip of your drink.

Still stuck in that time, when we called it love
But even the sun sets in paradise
I'm at a payphone, trying to call home
All of my change I spent on you
Where have the times gone?
Baby, it's all wrong
Where are the plans we made for two?

The song fades in the background as you see him walking slowly towards you, but gets distracted with people around him. You were sure you were seeing things.

What were you even doing here? What are you doing with your life?

Sadness takes you over out of nowhere and out of spite you pick up the first bottle you see and stomp to the first empty room you see and bang the door closed. Not that anyone would notice you gone anyway. You had never felt more alone in your life. Tears run down your cheeks as a result of confusion, feeling out of place, being drunk made you extra emotional anyway. Couple minutes later the door for your room opens.

"You okay?" Obito enters with a concerned expression.

"You got to be kidding me. Just leave me alone!" Not believing he was actually there.

"Sure" he sees your face and sits further away from you.

"What?"

"I am minding my own business."

You try holding in your sniffle now that someone was here. Taking the vodka bottle from the table, you touch it against your lips. Whipped cream flavored, yum. Lifting it you start chugging straight from the bottle. Though drunk, Obito realizes what you were doing and stumbles towards you.

"Okay that should be enough. Do you wanna pass out here?" He tries taking the bottle from you but you had a tight grip over it.

"I said leave me alone." You struggle with him over the bottle and manage to get a few more sips before he successfully snatches the bottle from you.

"What is your problem?"

"My problem?"

"Yes. Your problem. What is it? No today I want to know." You sit on the bed with folded legs facing him. He turns around to avoid facing you.