DREAM~

.

/

.

/

.

Chapter 44: DREAM~

Chapter 44: DREAM~

.

/

.

/

.

"WAKE UP."  

Keiko bolted up from her sleep, breathing heavily with sweat dripping down her face.

"Finally." She scowled at the familiar deep voice.

"What happened...?" Tobi laughed, standing from his seated position and bending down to her level.

"What happened...?" He repeated.

"Well, it's simple. You FAILED."

"URUSEI!" He smirked once her fist phazed through him, and he gripped it.

"You need to learn to respect your superiors." She glared before clicking her tongue.

"Tch! My great grandfather would never say such a thing. In fact..." She smirked.

"He would encourage it."

"..." 

He keeps silent, the added squeezing on her hand the only indication that he heard.

"Fine." He admits.

"I'm not your great grandfather. In fact, i'm far worse." 

"I was wondering when you would admit it. You've even changed your voice back to what I presume was it's original." Tobi stands up, his figure towering over her.

"But I did know Madara personally. And since your one of his descendents, its your duty to fulfill his wishes alongside me." He leans on the wall, speaking in his new slightly higher voice.

"I don't need to do anything. I'll simply kill Orochimaru and leave. Then I can live a peaceful life." That seemed to make the man remember something as he crossed his arms and spoke.

"Wake up to reality...!" He lowered his mask enough for her to see his eyes.

"Nothing ever goes planned in this accursed world." She narrowed her eyes and glared at him as he continued.

"The longer you live the more you will realize, that the only things that truly exist in this reality are merely pain, suffering and futility." Once he noticed she most likely wasn't taking his words seriously, he once again walked in front of her as she sat against the wall.

"Listen. Everywhere you look in this world wherever there is light, there will always be shadows to be found as well. As long as there's a concept of victors...The vanquished will also exist. The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace initiates wars, and hatred is born in order to protect love. There are nexuses, causal relationships that cannot be separated." He activates his sharingans.