010. 𝙖 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪

Clint and Natasha

Clint and Natasha

"So you both want us to train her?" Clinton Barton looked at the senior agent and the director questionably as she gestured in between Romanoff and him.

As she wore a calculated expression taking in the situation as she flashed back to the events that took place in the interrogation room.

"Ms. Deveraux had blood on her hands and her shoes."

"She was crying hysterically as she spoke in a language that I couldn't quite understand."

"No one remembers anything from that day, everyone in the yard at least"

She transported back to certain events as Clint's confusion and exasperation began to grow towards their executives

"She didn't even go to the Academy!" Clint is exasperated with their out-of-the-ordinary behavior and the possibility that they would have to teach a woman. Who blacks out and somehow hurts those around her without remembering what happened.

"Neither did you or Romanoff did?"

Clint huffs and runs a hand through his hair as he tried to understand their reasoning.

"Yet your still here as our highest-ranking agents to date." The director is handed a file by his long-time friend/co-worker, as he spoke to the agents.

As he slightly lowered his head to read the file his expression grew alarmed with the content.

Natasha and Clint noticed the director's expression drop as he looked at the file.

They shared a glance then looked back at the director slowly growing worried. They never saw their director look this way before.

Well, Clint did, a couple of years back when he was starting at the organization but that was a different story within itself. For another time.

The director suddenly cleared his throat and passed the file back to the agent who was also looking at the director worried about what was going on inside his head.

Even though he could understand his behavior based on what was in the file he would act the same in his place.

The director straightened back in his old stance and looked at the room's applicants as if nothing happened.

"What wa-"

"Don't tell me you're scared, Agent Barton?"

Clint's expression suddenly shifted from worried as he frowned his eyebrows towards the director as his mouth opened up slightly.

"No" He huffs at the assumption as he looks back at Romanoff who shrugs her eyebrows towards him. He looks back at her in disbelief,

"No, of course, I'm not scared of her."