The Truth Shall Set You Free

Earth 76
National City
------------------------

A wonderful aroma swung lazily throughout the loft, the television was on, its volume barely audible, Kara Danvers danced around her kitchen, a glass of red wine in her hand. Barry Allen was sitting at the table, watching her through fond eyes, he'd never felt so relaxed.

"I thought alcohol didn't affect you?" Kara nodded, downing the rest of the glass in a single drink. She wandered into the living room, plopping down on her couch. Most alcohol at least, the hard stuff at the alien bar were another thing.

"You should come to join me" Kara suggested shyly, curling up on the couch. Barry chuckled standing up, making his way over sitting down. Barry turned his body towards Kara, his full attention on her, his eyes roamed over her, it made her feel shy like he was looking deep into her soul.

"Hi"

"Kara... your a little different, from what I remember.." Barry struggled out, the days' events finally wearing on him. He gazed at the Kryptonian sitting up, it had been a long stretch of days, he had just had breakfast with Oliver and now here he was talking to Kara Danvers, on a whole different world.

"Barry, it's been - it's been a long time since we last met..." Barry's eyes fell to the floor, sadness gripping him. So it was true, the months that passed for him, had been years for her. He couldn't imagine the things she's gone through.

"Kara, that was a couple of months ago for me.." Barry revealed, looking away. Kara gasped quietly, she blindly reached out for him, finally getting his hand connected with hers. The implications were glaringly obvious.

"W-what happened Barry?" Barry fought down a wince. Honestly, he didn't know. He didn't know where he went wrong, he replicated the accident to the tee, running from a long distance, then going even faster - faster than ever. The breach open and he sped through it, Barry couldn't place where it all went wrong.

"I'm not your Barry.." Barry whispered, Kara looked at him in surprise, she didn't let his hand go but she did lean back, however. He was eternally grateful she didn't let his hand go, a tiny gesture of comfort that would get him through this conversation.

"What do you mean?" Barry had a broken glint in his eyes, he took a deep breath.

"I mean, the Barry that breached on your earth all those years ago, I-I-I I'm not him.." Barry stuttered through, Kara reacting,

Kara stood up, shaking her head, "That doesn't matter Barry, I still - we still have these memories, of each other, they are still valid!" A whimper almost leaving his lips at the loss of contact.

Barry didn't look convinced the speedster seemed to shrink into himself. Kara sat back down, scooting closer to Barry. This Barry was a little different though, she could tell. He seemed shyer, more reserved, his eyes holding tremendous pain.

"Okay look, Barry, when we met, you saved me right?" Kara asked hopeful, the man finally meeting her eyes. She gave him a reassuring pat on the arm. Shy or not this was still Barry Allen, a version of the man who gave her golden advice, helped her against Livewire and Silver Banshee. He knew her so it's not like he was a stranger.

"You were falling out a window.." Barry remembered, "I ran up the building and caught you" Kara's eyes brightened considerably. This was a good sign, she willed Rao for more of the same - this was good

"I ran you outside of town, you were on fire" His face took on a wistful expression as if reliving the memory. Kara's eyes faded a bit, she remembering it from her point of view. Falling through the air was way different than flying through the air.