Story 17--Snowball!

Start from the beginning

"Mom! You shouldn't have!" you grinned, closing the fridge as you took the plate and dug in. "Mm. This is good."

"Hurry up if you want to get to the Hamadas faster," your mom teased.

***********

Half an hour later, you finished your breakfast, threw your coat on, shoved your feet in your winter boots, tied your hair in a ponytail, and had your mom drive you  to the Lucky Cat Cafe.

"Well, here we are," she said, smiling as you hopped out. "If the snowstorm builds up and the travelling conditions get unsafe, stay with the Hamadas, okay? Just give me a call and let me know as well."

"Will do. Thanks mom!" You closed the door and waved as your mom backed out and drove off.

The cafe door opened with a tinkle and you saw Aunt Cass working behind the counter as usual.

"Hey Aunt Cass!" you cheerfully called out, waving to her.

"Hey (Y/N)! How's my favourite customer today?" Aunt Cass teased as she approached you. 

"I'm alright," you replied. "Just kind of mad at the snowstorm."

"Ah well, I'm sure it would clear up some time soon!" Aunt Cass reassured you, trying to cheer you up.

"I hope so too," you said. "Anyway, Tadashi told me to meet him here?"

"He and Hiro just went out, actually," Aunt Cass informed you, and seeing the shocked look on your face she said, "I think they went to the park or something. You know that park that's not too far from SFIT?"

"Of course! Thanks Aunt Cass!" You zipped your coat up all the way and ran out, waving goodbye as your feet brought you across the street along the familiar route to the park in SFIT.

The moment you got there, there was no one there. You stopped, panting, and brushed a stray strand of hair out of your eyes, narrowing them as you started looking for the boys. Hmm. Where could they be?

Suddenly, you felt a wet cold thing hit you at the back of your coat. You whipped around, but no one was there.

"Hey! Who's there?" you yelled. "Speak up or I'm getting you back!"

Okay, that was crazy. How can you get that person back if you don't know who threw the snowball at you in the first place?

You knelt down and began creating a snowball. Thank goodness you brought your waterproof mittens. You straightened up and was just going to throw your snowball in the general direction of where the first snowball came from when you saw another one being launched at you. You managed to roll out of that one before it could hit you, and it sailed away.

"Dang it, I missed her!"

"Stop talking! She'll find us!"

Your ears perked at the familiar voices. Could it be...

"Ha!"

You chucked your snowball at them and they jumped out of their snow barrier, laughing.

"(Y/N)!" Hiro cried. You approached him and gave him a big hug before you turned to Tadashi, smiling. He slammed a snowball right into your stomach, and you shook your head.

"Oh you want more, Hamada?" you shouted, laughing. 

"AHHHHHH!! I'm scared!" 

Tadashi immediately ran for cover as you built up another big snowball. With the big chunk of snow created, you ran over to the snow barrier and found him crouching there, and without him realizing it, you launched the snowball at him, successfully hitting him on the side.

"I've got more where that came from!" you sang, running away.

Hiro smirked from the side as Tadashi ran right after you, picking you up from behind and spinning you in the air. You laughed as the snowflakes danced around you, landing in your hair and on the ground. The moment Tadashi put you down, you gave him a big hug. 

"Gonna get me again?" Tadashi asked you teasingly as he wrapped his arms around you. 

"Maybe," you smirked. 

Just then, you felt another ball of snow smack on the side of your coat, and you gave Tadashi a suspicious look.

"What? That wasn't me this time!" Tadashi cried, letting you go with a worried look in his eyes. 

Your eyes darted around for Hiro, and you instantly found him laughing. "Come on you lovebirds! We better head back to the cafe and get warmed up."

"Good idea," you smiled. "I'm down for hot chocolate."

"And I would never turn that down either," Tadashi added. He put his arm around you as the three of you headed back.

**************

The fire crackled with soft snaps as you, Tadashi, and Hiro all sat there with hot chocolates in hand. 

"Guys?" Hiro quickly jumped up. "I'm just going up for a minute. I have some projects to finish up. I won't be long, okay?"

"Sure thing, Hiro," Tadashi laughed, and Hiro ran up the stairs.

An awkward silence fell between you two as Tadashi turned to you.

"Uh...(Y/N)? Can I just...um...say something?"

"Sure."

Tadashi took a deep breath, and immediately turned a shade of crimson. "Well...the truth is...I liked you...I really really like you for a long time now...and...I don't know if, well...you feel the same."

Your eyes lit up at those words and you laughed lightly. "How could I not like the first friend I ever made at SFIT? You mean so much to me, Tadashi. I really like you too."

A relieved smile broke on Tadashi's face as he held you close. "Then you won't mind...if I...uh..."

"If you do what?" you asked him teasingly. "Throw another snowball at me without me noticing?"

"Ah, no." He cupped your face gently with his hand. "This."

He pulled you in and you felt your lips connect with his, and you closed your eyes as you reciprocated the kiss. Oh no, no way, there was no way you would mind him doing that. At least that was one thing you got off of your shoulders.

"Hey guys..."

Hiro bounded down the stairs to see you two kissing, and he backed away. 

"Um, maybe later."

You broke off from the kiss and saw Hiro standing there with a shocked look on his face.

"It's okay Hiro. Nothing serious."

"AUNT CASS!!!!!!!"

****************

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA poor Hiro! :) 

Seriously though, if you want me to start Hiro x Reader one-shots let me know. I can think of some good ones, though it would be slightly harder since Hiro is younger than I. But ahh well. I'll manage.

That's all from me.

Oh yeah, the sequel to "Sacrifice for Love" has now been named "A Nightmare Relived". Give it a read if you haven't yet!

Alright that's it now. Peace out. Hope you all liked this!

-clara_hamada