Chapter 13

"Thanks for the evening," the woman says, blushing.

"It was a pleasure and I think she enjoyed it" the man replies.

"I assure you that you gave her one of the best days of her life. I had never seen that smile on her face."

"This makes me happy"

"We should go.."

"Can I help you take her home so you don't have to wake her up?"

The woman smiles and agrees. She asks the man to put Lux of her on her bed and offers her a glass of wine. He accepts. She takes a bottle of white wine out of the fridge and when she turns around he kisses her. A kiss that was in the air but that she did not expect so.

"Sorry .." he says after removing her lips from those of the woman.

"Don't .." and the woman kisses him again.

"That was good," the man says, pouring the wine and carrying the glasses to the sofa.

"I'd like to know you better"

"So also to me"

"Tell me something about you that I don't know"

"I have a boring life, there is already little you don't know about me. I'm a gynecologist, in my free time I go horseback riding and help when I can federico with her association"

"Why doesn't a man with such a charm have someone in his life?"

"My wife died a few years ago," he replies with a frown.

"I'm sorry.."

"You couldn't have known. Something you didn't know has come out. Now tell me something about yourself that I don't know."

"I'm from New York and I live in Los Angeles where I am an actress. A couple of months ago Lux's mother, my cousin Maria, died and I took her with me"

"This is very good of you"

"She did me more good than I did her"

"I doubt how she looks at you and how she doesn't leave you for a minute"

"She's just so scared"

"Is there anything fairer?"

"Yeah but this is for another night I should go to Lux if she wakes up and she doesn't find me she starts crying" she says kissing him again.

"Can I bring you breakfast tomorrow?"

"Not at 7 in the morning though .."

"At 10" he says of her kissing her again passionately and walking towards her door wishing her goodnight.

Renzo was bewitching her more and more.

Lana after a shower to cool the hot spirits goes to bed with Lux and soon falls asleep.

"Wool?" the little girl whispers "Lana?" she shakes her a little and the woman wakes up.

"What happens?" the woman asks for her, stroking her cheek and realizing from the light that came through the window that it was not time to get up.

"I had a nightmare"

"Do you want to talk about it?" the little girl nods "You know you're safe here, right?"

"What if Mom's friends find me?"

"Why should they look for you?" the woman asks curiously.

"Because I know them and whoever can spy is killed and you took me to the police and .."

"Wait wait .. nobody can hurt you baby, these people are looking for by the police, do you remember Ella? She is the best and she's looking for them so you don't have to be afraid"

"What if they hurt you?"

"Sweety nobody will hurt me or you, you have to be calm and relax. Come here" the woman says opening her arms and holding the little girl. Lux liked being held by Lana, she gave her a sense of protection and listening to her heart, from her calm and regular beating, helped her to relax and get back to sleep.