26 | verbose clouds

TOKYO
25°C
DRIZZLING

With every click of the shutter, you're trying to press pause on your life. If only so you can feel a little more comfortable moving on living in a world stuck on play.

The thought of being so far from the past yet so close to the future amazes Midoriya little. It's been about one year and a half since he graduated from Yuei, just about the same as working under Mirko. He's learned more, experienced more, met more people even, but it's nothing like meeting someone and then getting to know them on a deeper level like Masuyo. It's crazy. So much has passed and changed, yet he still felt like the eighteen-year-old boy doing training exercises in school.

He never thought he'd be here, in Mirko's office, just going through the usual meeting of their daily reports and then call it a day before walking back to their homes or dorms. The sun's about an hour from setting and Midoriya only has a few minutes left before he files his report and put it in the pigeon hole.

"Yer better don't give me a half-assed report, damn cubs! Especially you! Daywing!" The bunny hero strongly roars at the top of her lugs, pointing at one of the heroes. The latter sheepishly looks away and frantically checks his report again. "Otherwise, all of you are dismissed!"

Midoriya sighs and closed his eyes. At least he didn't get on her bad side. Otherwise, he'll get a good kick in his butt and also an earful. Worse is getting wrestled by her thick, strong thighs. Mirko is a rabbit after all. Her kicks were as strong as a kangaroo's.

He felt a rapid buzz in his pocket, only to see a text from Masuyo. He rose an eyebrow in surprise. She usually doesn't text him first. Wonder what she says.

Masu-chan
call me once you're finished

Oh?

Is it important?

Well, only one way to find out.

Midoriya called her once he's in the lobby of the office, watching the rain trickling down the glass doors and windows. It's not much but the sun's out a bit too. Is she in a good mood?

"Hello?" He said once Masuyo entered the call. He could hear music faintly playing in the background.

"Hey! Um, I was wondering if you could meet me at the grocery store." She spoke. "That's...if um, you're not busy or anything. I-I just need someone to help me carry the groceries since my cart's almost full now."

Masuyo nervously chuckles into the phone. A small smile tugged on his lips at the thought of her walking down the streets with five full bags of groceries, also picturing one of them dropping to the ground. Midoriya shakes his head at that.

"Okay, sure. You don't need to ask after all," Midoriya glances at his watch. "I'll be there in five minutes."

"Alright then. See you," he can hear her smile.

"Yeah." And then he hangs up.

Midoriya puts away his phone and immediately pushed through the doors, running right off the start to make his way to the store. And maybe did he activate five per cent of One For All. He doesn't want to keep her waiting after all.

Or maybe he's just excited.

As expected, he arrived at the store in a jiffy, walking through the automatic doors and lets the cold air conditioner welcome him with an embrace. Some patrons were looking at him weirdly. Mainly because he's still in his hero costume that's a little dirty and tattered. Some recognized him and gave him a friendly smile. The store's quite big so Midoriya had to walk past aisle by aisle to look for a certain wine-haired girl with a full cart like she described. He wonders what she had in mind to buy almost the entire store. He chuckles a little at that. Well, it's not a bad thing.