Bikes & Bookshelves

"This is the best pasty I've ever had in my life!" Sirius exclaimed, a moan escaping his mouth as he bit into Mrs Weasley's signature dish. Remus felt his cheeks heat up at the sound, his thoughts everything but pure.
"Molly does make a mean pasty" Remus commented while stretching his legs out on the park bench.

As promised, Remus had toured Sirius around the village. He showed him the tiny primary school that held only 100 or so pupils, as well as the old rundown leisure centre that was desperately in need of some government funding. Then he dragged him around the square and the highstreet, dropping off at Weasley Bakery for lunch.
Now the pair were lounging in the park, the rare sight of the Scottish sun poking through the clouds, heating the two up comfortably.

"I wonder how she has the time, with all those ginger kids running around" Sirius added before tugging at his hair and letting it run free around his back. Remus' eyes popped at the sight but he managed to maintain composure, refusing to let Sirius distract him further.

"Her and Arthur sure have been busy..." Remus grinned while wiggling his eyebrows suggestively, causing Sirius to bark his signature laugh, Remus felt as if he'd do anything just to make Sirius laugh.
"Lupin you dog! who'd guess that the sweet, book-loving baker could have such a dirty mind?" Sirius teased, his grin unwavering.

"Well, after experiencing a ferocious battle against a ginormous bookcase--"
'--and losing" Sirius added, laughing. "and losing, I've come to the conclusion that the quiet life no longer suits me, the books no longer satisfy me"
"Oh really?" Sirius asked, brow cocked and eyes gleaming.
"Really! the need for adventure is now tearing at my bones, I truly think I've become the ultimate bad boy!"

Sirius tutted and rolled his eyes, leaning back on the bench and lowering his sunglasses down, reminding Remus more and more of Danny Zuko from Grease with each passing second.
"The ultimate bad boy huh?" Sirius asked, glasses still covering his piercing gaze, but his voice was still as cocky as ever. "Yes, the ultimate bad boy" Remus teased, leaning forward and hovering over the man, taking the chance to steal glances at his leather-clad body.

"Okay, Mr bad boy, would you care to join me on a simple country bike ride?" Sirius said, immediately straightening and bringing his sunglasses down the bridge of his infuriatingly straight nose and peering over at Remus - who shrugged, not seeing how biking could in any way make him a bad boy.

"Yeah sure, why not?" he exclaimed, now unfairly cocky, standing up and looming over Sirius. "You really sure Moon baker?" he asked, still looking wickedly smug. Remus offered another shrug and a nod as Sirius hopped up, wiping his front free of pastry crumbs.

"Okay then! on our way to my motorbike!" Sirius gleamed, grabbing Remus's hand and dragging him away forcefully.

"Wha- No! I'm not going on that deathtrap!" Remus whined, too frantic to even think of the two hands being clasped together. Suddenly, Sirius stopped, causing the rampaging Remus to stumble a bit, falling into Sirius. The shorter man looked up at Remus and grinned, hands still clasped
"Come on then Mr bad boy Moony, you're not scared of a bike little bike are ya?" And before Remus could whinge any longer, the boy was dragging him off back to the direction of the Potters.

------

"Remmy, one order of your strongest coffee please!" Lily called as she walked into the shop, stopping for a moment to shrug her jacket off. She paused for a moment, listening to the strangely quiet shop, usually Remus had the radio on or muttering to himself, so the silence was immediately a red flag.
"Lupin? Are ya here?" Lily called, turning away and walking to the counter, almost missing the heaped pile of a broken shelf and books.