Chapter 16 - Realization

You half- actually, you fully expected him to up and leave, kicking you out after he got what he wanted.

How wrong you were.

He composed himself after a moment, his breathing steadying and chest slowing it's heaving. Trousers were rid from his feet but his boxers pulled up. Moriarty lifted you slowly and led you to the bed, your sore body finally coming into realization at the pain it just endured.

Jim took a freshly soaked and wrung out towel from the bathroom, walking back to your laid back figure until bringing you to sit up. No words were spoken as he started to wipe you up, cleaning everything and soothe both aching muscles and stinging bruises.

Grazing his thumb over the cut on your lip, he smiles softly. Softly. This was a new side you hadn't seen before. "Are you alright?" he mumbles.

"Yeah,"

"Did you want a shower? Or did you want a moment?" He didn't need a verbal reply as you pat the bed in a sleepy manner. "Thought so," his laugh sounded soothing to your ears as he lifted from the bed, taking a dress shirt from his closet and walking back over.

"You don't want your Westwood to reek of sex, Jim," you murmur into the pillows, your naked body tucking itself under the covers.

"When I care, I'll state so, darling," he pushed himself under the covers as well, slipping your arms into the shirt and buttoning it up carefully.

Your eyes were slightly wide then narrowed at his actions. "What is this?"

"After care, I'm a psycho not an arsehole,"

"Same thing," you laugh making him roll his eyes.

"Well, you did very well, Y/n," he kisses your temple. Held and flushed against him, you found yourself running your fingers along his light stubble. "Such a good job... did you want water? Anything to eat?"

"Why are you being so nice?" You ignored his questions and looked up with furrowed brows. "Shouldn't you be trying to hurt me? Kill me? Why aren't you doing that??"

"Y/n," Jim held a calm tone as your lips trembled.

"Why do I feel so... empty? I don't know what's going on..."

"That's perfectly normal, it's alright, I'm right here," he assures.

"What's wrong with me?? You're my brother's arch-nemesis!"

"Nothing is wrong with you, Y/n," he held your face which you flinch at, he retracted and held his hands up. "You're going through a drop, Y/n, this is perfectly normal, let's just talk through this,"

"What drop?"

"Sub drop, it's when the endorphins and adrenaline levels suddenly stop, that's what aftercare is for, we've played and now I'm taking up the responsibility to care for you after,"

"Why? Why aren't you leaving or kicking me out?"

That was a very good question. Very good indeed and for once, Moriarty had no clue.

Let's take this back a notch and correct that: Moriarty knew why but refused to believe it. He had never had such a romantic attraction to anyone.

Past 'lovers' were merely for personal gain, and it was all fake. When he was with you, however, all he felt was true romance.

He wanted to be with you. Even if you took out the sexual part, he would still want you. Even if you took out the rivalry leverage, he would still want you.

He would always want you.

You were you. So unique, gorgeous, sassy, a large bark with a just as large bite, and your mind was so... different. It didn't rely on the need of pure scientific facts and deductions as he and your brothers had.

That little head he first wanted to mess with blossomed open for him to see it was full of creativity, mischief and talent.

Anyone could be creative but you had a certain flare to ever action you took and with you now before him—fully before him—in your most vulnerable state as he had been he saw the piece he had lacked all his life.

"Because I like you,"

"Bullshit, Jim," you sniffle. "You want to get to my brother,"

"I've gotten to your brother, I've toyed with both and when I wanted to toy with you I honestly couldn't,"

"Why the fuck not? Am I too boring?"

"You're too perfect," this made your heart swell and face fall. He let his body fall back in defeat. "And it pisses me off because I've never let anyone get this far... I mean I have but not romantically," both his hands ran through his hair.

"You've never been in a relationship?"

"Not a real one, and I never planned to, but now? I can't believe this, but after tonight, I want to and I want you," he saw you shift closer, your body relaxed.

"Really?"

"Is it that hard to believe someone like me could ever have a partner?"

"Hm, no, I just thought you and Seb were dating," you laughed lightly, calm and content now as he ignored the comment. "Well..." finding your way around him, to hold the criminal close, you let out the truth you had been thinking about for a long time.

"Well?"

"Well, I like you too... have for a while, in fact," this took him completely by surprise, his body shifting so he could look to you. "So, Mr Moriarty, would you like to be my boyfriend?"

"Hey! I wanted to ask that," he grumbled, nuzzling your close.

"Fine, I take it back to give you the satisfaction," he pulled you onto his lap, holding your hips.

"Y/n Holmes, would you like to be my girlfriend?"

"Hm... tempting offer... I'll have to check my schedule-" you caught the unamused glare from him, at least unamused to others but you saw the small tug at his lips. "I would be honoured, Mr Moriarty,"

~~~

Heart go 🦋🦋

Heart go 🦋🦋

- Anna ❤️