Chapter 5

~We slid into the city, past several groups of walkers. We scurried up the steps of the building in which Merle was supposedly on top of.

The door was unchained and when T-Dog saw this, he looked uneasy. Rick jammed the door open enough for us to slide through and one by one, we stepped on the roof.

Merle wasn't here. But others were, and they weren't walkers.~

~Rebel's POV~

I couldn't believe it.

They were alive. They had made it somehow in this mess of a world. Before I could celebrate, Daryl readied his crossbow.

Once again, I placed my hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down before he shot them.

"Daryl, don't." I whispered to him.

"You don't even know them!" his voice was rising and I knew he would pull the trigger any second. 

But I did know them. They were my family. My brothers and my sister. They were alive and they were here. I finally found them.

"Rebel?" Gunner asked in disbelief. I smiled at him and made my way over to them.

"It's really you." Piper muttered. I embraced my sister into the biggest hug I've ever given her.

"I missed you so much." she sobbed.

I could feel the tears connecting with my shoulder. The tank top I was wearing did my damp skin no justice.

Rick decided to ruin the family moment, "Rebel, who are these people?" 

I dropped my hug on Piper and gripped her hand in mine, "Rick, this is my family." 

The whole group's eyes widened, something I was expecting.

Just hours ago I was crying over them, saying they were probably dead. Now I was holding my sister's hand, trying to keep the tears of joy at bay. 

Rick blew out a breath through his nose, I could practically feel how hard whatever he was thinking about was for him.

"If you want to go with them, I understand. You are more than welcome to keep the bow and arrows, even though they're not the best." He spoke softly, I could tell he didn't want to start any fights.

Gunner strode toward me, "Good. So taking her will be no problem." He put one of his large hands on my shoulder and it felt wrong.

What? No! I liked the group, I fit in there. I wasn't left out with them, I actually mattered when I was there, unlike when I was with my family. The group was more of a family to me now then Piper, Gunner and Porter had ever been. 

They had made me feel like family in under two days, and that truly amazed me.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not going with you." I told them before going to stand in my place next to Daryl and Glenn.

Porter narrowed his eyes, looking between Daryl and I, like he could see something the others couldn't.

"I get it," Porter sneered, "your that redneck's bitch. I see how it is little sister."

"I am not anyone's bitch. It's funny to see how much you believe in me. I thought better of you." I uttered cautiously, trying not to stir up his fragile pride.

"Are you testing me little sister? Because I would gladly fight you." he threatened, stepping forward. He was trying to look intimidating, but he came off as a little boy challenging a horse. It was something you knew wouldn't end well.