Where do we go from here?

Waking up to have Steve and Elena wrapped around him for the second morning in a row just felt right. Smiling to himself, Bucky got up and headed down stairs to the kitchen to start his day. It took him a few minutes, but he figured out how the coffee maker worked and got a pot brewing. While he drank his first cup of the day Bucky looked up their situation on the internet. Elena always told him. "When in doubt, google it".

What he had in mind was called polyamory. Reading through several articles on the subject it gave him a clearer view of how it would work with the three of them. He then read a few more articles this time on how to bring up the conversation to them in a way that wouldn't freak them out. A little more informed and not going to lie, a little terrified, he hoped they would keep an open mind.

Pouring himself a second cup of coffee he sat there and read as much as he could before they woke up. Deciding that today he would bring up including Steve into their relationship with Elena.

She walked in an hour later dressed simply in some black leggings and a large blue-green sweater that looked like Steve's. Her hair was still damp from her shower was pulled back into a ponytail.

"Morning, Bucket." He grinned at her silly nickname for him as she walked over to the cupboard to grab a glass for some orange juice.

"Is Steve still dead to the world?" He asked with a laugh. She smiles and nods.

Sitting down next to him she surprised him by broaching the subject with him. "James, I had a question to ask you?"

Raising his eyebrows at her use of his first name he motioned for her to speak.

"I know you originally planned for Steve to join us last night, and I'm grateful for the last few days I've been able to spend with him, but I was wondering. Why? Why would you be willing to share me with Steve?" Her words came spilling out in a flustered rush.

He thought he'd have to wait longer than he did before the topic was brought up but was grateful for the opening she gave him. Bucky smiled, reaching out with his metal hand to grasp hers. "Dragă, I love you and wanted to do something you wanted. Also I trust Steve more than anyone else in this world besides you of course. I knew he wouldn't do anything to hurt me when it came to you so when he offered I said yes." She smiled at him with happiness at his sentiment, but he could see she still needed more from him.

"I've had time to think about you two.  Watching the both of you that first night I knew I could trust you both to continue until I got home. Seeing how happy and relaxed you were around each other yesterday, how you weren't being secretive with him around me. It let me know that sleeping together hasn't changed you guys, it seems to have just brought you closer." Elena's hazel eyes widened, Bucky could see the uncertainty and fear in the way she tensed and slightly pulled her hand back from him.

"I can see how your feelings have changed for each other. And the fact that you were willing to give him up after last night to protect our relationship. It got me thinking that maybe.. Maybe it doesn't have to end."

Elena's eyes search his as she hesitantly asked, "What do you mean?"

Leaning closer Bucky gives her full eye contact to reassure her that he's being sincere. "I want to see how you and Steve would feel about him being added to our relationship. On a permanent basis."

She stared at him speechless with shock on her face. Quickly explaining what he meant so that she understood him better. "I looked it up and it's a thing. Couples with more than two people in real committed relationships."

Clearly this is not what she was expecting from him at all by her continued silence. Taking a long drink from her glass she sets it back down on the table before she asks, "Have you talked to Steve about this?"