Date night

4 days before the wedding

Bucky looked across the table at Steve as they were sitting in their meeting with Fury, Tony, Elena and Clint. He was supposed to be paying attention to the details of their after mission report so he could add in his observations, but all he could think about was what had happened while he'd been gone a week and a half ago.

When he'd come home he'd been greeted by Elena and Steve's solemn faces. He had panicked for a moment thinking that they were leaving him, but they had just needed to talk. Buck hadn't been too far off though. Steve had been having doubts about them and the wedding. Well, not doubts per say. More like fears of what it all meant for them and their future. It had all bubbled over for him the night Steve had come back from his mission sending him into a massive panic attack. His heart had broken for his best friend and fiancee.

The three of them had an in-depth conversation about everything. He had thought things were fine because Steve was one who usually spoke his mind about what was bothering him. Not this time though. Steve had explained that while he had dated and had simple relationships before it was nothing like what they had together. Buck had told him he had the same fears, but he knew that they would be okay because they had each other to lean on.

It wasn't a one and done talk though. They had taken the next couple of days to make sure all three of their fears were heard and talked through. This way they walked into their marriage on the same page. Steve had come away happier and more relaxed, but Buck was still nervous.

He glanced over and saw Bucky looking at him and gave him a small smile before giving his attention back to Fury. They needed to do something just the two of them. It had been a while and they hadn't really done anything as a couple without Elena before.

Determined to show Steve how much he loved him and that he was in this all the way he decided he was going to take him out on a date tonight. Feeling a little better about this he brought his attention back around to work.

:::::::

"Hey, Steve, can I talk to you for a minute?" Bucky asked as he walked over to him and Tony once the meeting was over.

His friend and fiancee smiled over at him at ease for the first time in almost two weeks.

"Sure, what's up?" Buck glanced at Tony before just spitting it out.

"I was wanting to take you on a date tonight, just the two of us. What do you think?" Tony smiled and excused himself telling Steve he would talk to him later and to have fun.

Smiling with excitement at their first official date Steve nodded. "Sure, Buck. That sounds good. What were you thinking?"

Ahh right, hadn't thought that far ahead. "It's a surprise."

Steve smirks at him knowing him all too well. "You haven't planned that far ahead have you?"

"Shut up, punk. Just be ready by 6, okay." He leaned in to give Steve a quick kiss and saunters out of the conference room calling over his shoulder. "Dress casual."

:::::::

He had basically pulled this date night idea out of his ass, but he knew Steve would enjoy it. The palm of his right hand was sweaty with nerves as he made his way to find Steve. Wiping his hand on his pants as he rode the elevator down he didn't know why he was nervous. He'd known this man practically his whole life and had been on several dates with him and Elena before.

'It's fine. You can do this, it's just Steve.'

Walking out to the common floor's living room he went to collect him.