A harsh smack made me wince. I whine holding where my head smacked into the building harshly. I turn to glide down to her. As I get closer I get more giddy while my stomach does flips before forming knots.

As I approached she noticed me, "Hawks? What are you doing here"

My heart jumped into my throat, "H-hi, eh, p-patrol" I wheeze

"Do you ever take a day off" she shook her head

I shake my head. My heart is pounding in my chest.

"Who are you um. Here for?"

"I had a date but looks like he never showed" she smiled at her lap, "I've waited an hour and a half"

Fucking asshole! Why the fuck would he not show. I huff and plop down next to her.

"You don't need to wait with me" she smiled over at me

My heart about skipped a beat, "I-i" I shut my mouth. She waited for me to collect my thoughts before I clear my throat, "Want to go with me instead"

"Aw, you're sweet but you're on duty"

I pull out my phone quickly texting Koji I'm clocking out for the day. Before setting my phone next to me.

"Not anymore"

"You're such a sweetheart"

I smile setting my hands to lean back. That was a mistake as my hand slipped off the smooth marble and I tumbled back into the fountain.

I climb out now soaking wet and freezing.

"Oh my God honey are you alright?!" She pulled out a hanky gently patting the water from my face before laughing lightly, "You're soaked. This hanky really isn't going much is it"

My heart flutters at her worry gently grabbing her hand that held the hanky, "I-its fine. I can change and go home,  er. Um. Go home and fine. Go change and home" I groan in frustration. Why can't the ground just swallow me up.

"I get it, take a deep breath"

I do so calming down, "I am going to go home and change. Meet back here?"

"Are you going to make me wait an hour and a half?"

I shake my head quickly, "I-i would dream it"

"Then I'll meet you back here"

Readers POV

Waiting at the fountain I notice he left his phone here. I shake my head rolling my eyes.

He is so sweet but so shy. In 20 flat he was back. I smile at him only to nearly burst into laughter, "Um... Hawks"

He perked up.

"Your shirt is inside out"

His face turned 3 shades of red while covered himself with his wings.

"Its fine, there is a charming little Cafe down the street and you can fix it in the bathrooms there" I pass him his phone as well.

I lead the way. He awkwardly followed but lagged behind. I grab his hand so he doesn't get lost in the crowd.

I heard little excuses behind me. Hawks kept apologizing as he accidently hit people with his wings.

"Oh! Should we show down? I'm sorry for dragging you"

He shook his head still looking flushed.

Once in the Cafe he went to go fix his shirt. He came back only to bump into the table smacking his hip.

"Oh! Are you ok?" I watch him double over in pain

"Y-yea"

He slid into his seat. Once the waitress came around we ordered. He didn't seem the talkative type. Endeavor talks like Hawks never shuts up.

"So. Thanks for going out with me. You really didn't have to"

"N-no problem. I wanted to" he gripped the table awkwardly, "I uh. Wanted to. Well. I asked. I couldn't. It eh..."

"Breathe" the waitress placed our drinks down.

He did so rubbing his face, "I like you"

"I like you to Hawks" I chuckle

"No I mean I LIKE you" he pulled his shirt collar over the lower half of his face.

"Wait. You mean like like?"

He nodded shyly. I raise an eyebrow but smile.

"So is this a date then?"

Hawks knee jolted as he jumped knocking his drink over spilling in into his lap, "SHITSHIY SHIT"

I pass him some napkins while he cleaned up, "You... seriously like me?"

He nodded shyly cleaning up the rest of the coffee.

I smile setting my elbow on the table and put my palm out flat. He looked at it confused.

I look at him then my palm watching his reaction. He slowly stood the went to place his chin on my palm when I turned it at the last second blabbing his throat.

"You sure about that birdy?"

I could feel him gulp before lightly nodding flushing deeply.