𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟺 ☯︎︎ 𝙿𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

Start from the beginning

"No, I don't remember. Are you sure we went with Evan?"

"Yes, I'm sure. It was the time you got were mistaken for a thief by the poor lady in front of us and got smacked in the face with her purse—."

"Never mind! I do remember." Yeosang cuts her off before she can embarrass him anymore making the rest in the room snicker.

"As I was saying," Yunho regains everyone's attention. "We won't be seeing Carmen but instead La Traviata by Giuseppe Verdi. Unfortunately, only two of us will be able to actually go in."

"Have the two people been decided?" San jumps in, clearly intrigued by this new assignment. He hasn't spoken to Kurenai since the day they talked by the pool and ever since she broke Seonghwa's arm, he hasn't even allowed himself to look at her. To be frank, he's the only reason why she's even had second thoughts about what she did.

"We actually have," Hongjoong answers the mulleted man's question, fumbling for some papers on the coffee table that he starts to pass down to each member. "We've decided, after some thought, that Yunho and Candy would be the ones to go inside. Everyone else will be assigned different roles."

Kurenai looks down at the paper once she's passed hers. All the information on the assignment and everyone's roles is explained in detail.

"For this assignment, we'll be targeting a man by the name of James Cornell." The spotlight is taken by Yunho once again. "From the information we've received, he is the head of a small company called Azure Tech, in charge of security and whatnot. Apparently, he owes Ismael a ton of money and is refusing to pay him back."

"What a dumb ass." Wooyoung snorts at the information. "So, who's doing what?"

"As we've explained, Candy and I will be inside of the theatre, scouting the place and getting as close as we can to this Cornell guy. San will be with us the whole time as our bodyguard. Wooyoung will be working backstage to make sure everything goes smoothly and Mingi will be on higher ground, waiting to take the shot to kill our guy. And, of course, Jongho will be the driver. More specifics on your roles are in the papers we passed out." The tall man summarizes for everyone, excluding one person.

"What about me?" Kurenai vocalizes her thoughts, watching closely as Hongjoong and Yunho look at each other and then back at her.

"Well, you-- um, aren't included this time." Yunho kindly informs her but it only irritates her.

"Not included? Why the hell aren't I included? Am I not part of this team, too?"

"Yes, you are but— You see—."

"I informed the Meisters of what happened between you and Seonghwa, and Isla decided to have you sit this assignment out. It's only fair because of what happened." 

Of course, it was Isla. She always has the most to say.

Hongjoong looks away from Kurenai's incredulous face, all of the members subconsciously leaning away from her out of fear that she'll explode with fury.

"That's hardly even fair." Another voice joins in, definitely opposed to the decision the Meisters took. The tattooed woman is surprised when she realizes who is behind the sudden protest, not expecting him to stand up for her. "Why would Isla take her out? If anything Max should be the one to take action. Seonghwa is his subject, not Isla's."