"Team?", Armin asked, like it was the first time he had ever heard anyone use that word.

"Get a hold of yourself, man. Why are you alone?", Connie said then looked down at his hands. "And what's this weird slime all over you? What happened?", he asked. Something seemed to click in Armin's head, and he let out a scream.

"You useless idiot!", he yelled, his hands tearing at his hair. "D-die!". Tears streamed down his face.

"Oi, c-calm down Armin!", Connie tried to comfort him. "Where is everyone?". Armin froze the second he said that.

"That's enough Connie. They are all wiped out... All except for him", Ymir said as she looked away from them.

"Shut up! Armin didn't say anything about that!", Connie said frustrated.

"Just take a look around you... We don't have any more time to waste on him", she simply answered.

"Why is Armin the only one who made it?", Connie asked her.

"Who knows, maybe they thought he was already dead? What a shame that only this loser survived instead of Eren and the others.", Ymir said taunting.

"Want me to shut that mouth forever, bitch?", Connie said angry. Crista ran to stand in front of Ymir with her hands out.

"Stop it! Both of you!", she said. "No one's thinking straight.. All of our friends are dying so fast, it would freak anyone out!"

Connie looked over at Armin again, his hands still grasping onto his hair.

"We can't leave you here. Can you stand Armin?", he asked him. Armin got up hesitantly.

"S-sorry for causing trouble", he apologised. "I'll go meet up with the rear guard...", he said as he walked past Connie.

"Wait, Armin!", Connie yelled. Armin had already left

~

The bells had signalled a temporary retreat, however the cadets in the middle guard found themselves almost empty of gas and their blades dull. Most of them had gathered together on a rooftop, a safe distance away from the nearest titan. 

"They finally issued the order to retreat, but without more gas, we can't climb the walls. So we are all going to die...", Jean said defeated as he rested with his head leaned against his hand. "All because of those cowards in HQ", he added with a grim tone.

"The supply team... What happened to them?!", Connie asked frustrated. "Were they wiped out?"

"They are to terrified to move. Had they been wiped out the titans wouldn't still be surrounding HQ like that.", Marco said quietly.

"I can see why they are scared, but abandoning their mission to resupply us, to hide inside HQ? Unbelievable", Jean said.

"We must take a chance and try to destroy the titans around HQ!", Connie encouraged. "We won't be much better off just sitting here".

"I don't see us having much chance against them as it stands right now. The veterans in the vanguard were killed off, and which one of us trainees could lead a suicide mission like that?", Jean said beat. "Even if one could, I don't think we would have any chance against them".

"So we're doomed?", Connie asked sad.

"Let's do it guys! Come on, stand up! If we all work together, we'll be fine!", Sasha tried to rally the remaining cadets, but to no avail. She looked down for a second, then she noticed Armin sitting alone. She ran to him.

"Armin let's all...", she stopped when she noticed the look on his face.

Marco was walking anxiously back and forth.