Chapter 31: Destined

{tw - profanity}

YOU'RE LAYING DOWN on a sofa as you listen to a woman babble at your side.

"This whole mandatory therapy is a real pain in my ass."

"You've mentioned," Doctor Chenei retorts as she closes her notebook, "Many times."

You sit up and return your feet to the floor, "Then get the hint."

"Like you said Miss Y/l/n, it's mandatory."

"First of all, it's Agent Y/l/n," you correct, beginning your stroll out of the private room and into the hallway, hearing your therapists footsteps behind you, "Second of all, the word mandatory is subjective."

"It's really not, Agent."

You reach the front door of the building and turn around as you give a small smirk, "I am completely mentally okay, how about you write that down as well as the fact that you calling me 'agent' like that is really patronising."

"I will do, Agent."

You roll your eyes and exit the building, sauntering to your car. Once you are seated in the drivers seat, you lean your head against the steering wheel and sigh - all you do in the mandatory sessions is lie. If you were to tell the truth about how you truly feel, you would never be allowed back to work and that is something you cannot risk.

You remain in that same position until your phone begins to ring, prompting you to groan and let your hand pat the passenger seat in search of the item. You finally find it and lean back in your seat, not even looking at the contact before answering.

"Agent Y/l/n."

"Y/n, it's Spencer," he says, and you sit up at the sound of his voice. Despite the bad day you are having, he still manages to bring a smile to your face, "Can we talk?"

Your smile is suddenly gone as you gulp, "We are talking right now..."

"Just...are you at your apartment?"

"No, but I will be in about ten minutes,"
You say as you begin your drive home, "Why?"

"Like I said, I need to talk to you."

As you stop at a red light, you tap your fingers against the wheel, "Spencer, you're scaring me."

"No! Don't be scared, I just need to talk to you about something. I'll see you when you get here."

"Wait Spenc-" your voice is cut off when he hangs up, causing you to raise your brows, "Did he just hang up on me? He just hung up on me."

You shake your head as you finally arrive at your building, parking the car and hopping out. You hold onto the strap of your bag on your shoulder as you swiftly ascend the stairs, your keys rattling in your hand with each step you take.

Finally, you reach your floor and as you step off of the last step, you see Spencer leaning against the wall next to your door.

"Doctor," you greet, making him jump, "You seem jumpy, what's up?"

You unlock your door and welcome him in, seeing him fiddle with his fingers as he does.

"Nothings up." He smiles and you raise your brows before offloading your bag onto the floor.

You cross your arms over your chest, "You said we needed to talk-"

You are interrupted as Spencer presses a finger to your lips, "I said I needed to talk, you just have to sit there and look pretty."

You take the hint and sit down on the sofa, watching him begin to pace and giving him your best puppy dog eyes, "You think I'm pretty?"

"That right there!" He exclaims, gesturing to your figure, "That's exactly why I'm here."

"Because I'm pretty?" You ask with furrowed brows.

He shakes his head, "Not that you aren't pretty, you are, trust me, you are, I just mean-"

"Spencer." you cut him off with a soft smile, raising from your seat and caressing his arm.

His eyes flicker from your hand to your eyes, like the movement has startled him. You think you should retract the hand but Spencer places his atop of yours before you can, the warmth of his skin making your cheeks heat up.

Slowly, his hand begins to leave yours and instead travels over the skin of your arm and down your side, stopping at your waist. You gulp and move your hand to his hair, wrapping a loose strand around your finger.

His head leans against yours as your lips brush against each other, only barely making contact.

He mutters against your lips, "I need you."

You carefully tilt your head with your noses touching, your free hand trailing down his front and latching onto the belt of his pants. You begin to unbuckle it with only one hand as Spencer's heart begins to speed up, but his eyes never leave yours.

"I'm all yours."

Your voice is barely a whisper, but Spencer hears it loud and clear. His lips collide with yours and he pushes you back against the sofa, laying your head gently on a cushion as he hovers above you.

You bite his lip as you slowly pull away, a whimper escaping his mouth at the lack of your touch. You instead turn him over, placing your legs either side of his waist as you kiss him once more.

With his hands holding your waist, he brings you up from the sofa and presses your body against his.

"I can't do this till you know." He whispers against your lips.

Your furrow your brows in confusion as your hands cup his face, "Until I know what?"

He hesitates and it's clear he's having an internal battle, and it's beginning to scare you. When he sees the small amount of fear in your eyes, his face softens as his mind is made up.

"That I'm in love with you."

You can't help the small gasp that escapes your lips, suddenly unable to breathe normally. The stability you once had in your legs has left you, leaving Spencer to practically hold you upright.

You had always felt different around him, but you had never known what the feeling was, perhaps love was exactly that.

Would you lie for him? Yes. Would you be jealous of other girls flirting with him? Instinctively. Would you die for him? Without hesitation.

"I love you, Spencer Reid."

And all that held back Spencer's kisses was gone, your lips colliding again.

Some don't believe in destiny, but you found the one person you had always been looking for without trying - so perhaps it does exist.

"When two people are destined to be together, don't worry. Just wait. The love that you seek will come to you in the right time, the right place, and with the right person that was meant to love you the way you always wanted" ~Mustafa Alam

Word Count
1145