Chapter 18: I've Got You

{tw - mentions of blood and guns}

AS THE TEAM listen to the live feed in the two SUV's, only minutes away from your location that seems to be some sort of abandoned warehouse, they all take note of the situation.

Spencer is proud that you managed to buy yourself time, but it has now come to a sour end. His eyes dash between the screen and the road, hoping that if he just asks, time would freeze and he can save you.

His breath hitches in his throat as your father cocks his head and looks up at a camera that you hadn't even noticed was there until now, looking down in shame that he had probably been taunting your team with it the entire time.

He pulls the trigger, the bullet impacting the camera and destroying it, completely cutting off the feed.

Garcia, sat in her tech cave, jumps at the sound as she watches the screen turn static. A singular, fearful tear runs down her cheek before she removes herself from her chair and grabs her purse, not hesitating before rushing out of the room.

In the SUV's, all is silent before Emily speaks up, "Someone please tell me that gun was only fired at the camera."

"It was," Spencer answers quietly as the cars pulls to a halt outside of the warehouse, everyone beginning to file out of the vehicles and readying themselves, "Let's hope it stays that way."

Back in the room you are being held in, your father places the gun down on the tray of things he has used to torture you over the last God knows how long, you had lost track in the end.

You know your team must be close, your father has even confirmed that they know where you are. That gives you one opportunity - to fight your way out of this mess.

Unbeknownst to your father, you have been rubbing the rope you are bound with against itself, creating enough friction to eventually break it. Just as it reaches its last thread, you push off of the ground and haul yourself forwards, launching your feet at your fathers figure and pushing him back against the wall. The rope breaks, setting you free as you dash out of the room, entering what seems to be a cold and dark hallway.

The silence is eerie, and the pain you feel in every part of your body is trying to drag you down, to stop you running, but you won't give in. You have too much to live for to give up now.

You run around a corner, your bloodied hand leaning against the wall to support your tired body. You stop when you notice a figure in the shadows of the hallway and immediately begin to back up before the figure steps into the light, revealing the stern face of Hotch.

"Aaron..." you mumble before collapsing into his arms, him catching you to prevent you from hitting the ground.

"It's okay, Y/n. You're safe," he assures, kneeling to the ground and placing your head in his lap, "Where is your father?"

You swallow, the metallic taste of blood making you want to throw up. It hurts too much to talk, so you settle for shaking your head.

Hotch stays like that for as long as you need it, making sure you can breathe and no loose strands of hair are in the way. In his mind, you are the daughter he never had, and in yours, he is the father you always wanted.

Five minutes pass before Spencer turns the corner and stumbles upon you in Hotch's arms, immediately holstering his gun and dropping at your side. Hotch carefully moves your head from his lap to Spencer's, standing up and leaving without a word.

Spencer tries his best to hold back his tears as he continuously runs his hand through your hair, the other supporting the back of your head. He cradles your body gently, and your eyes struggle to stay open long enough to understand what's going on, but eventually you force them open at the sound of sniffling.

You glance up to see Spencer holding you close to his body, a few tears have stained his cheeks and his eyes are screwed shut.

You painfully reach up an arm and tuck a lock of his hair behind his ear, "Spencer..."

His eyes flutter open and his hand grasps yours, "I've got you...I've got you..."

As your mind catches up with everything, you feel a sudden urgency to deal with your father by yourself.

Despite Spencer's resistance, you manage to push yourself up and lean against a wall. As your body begins to wake up and become functional again, you raise to your feet as Spencer watches you wearily.

"Come on, I'll get out outside so you can be-"

You shake your head, "No."

"No?"

"No." You reaffirm, "I have something to do."

He cocks his head and raises a brow as you jerk forward and snatch the gun from his holster, taking a few steps back as you aim the gun at him.

"I won't shoot you," you say, and it's the complete truth, even Spencer knows that, and that's why he doesn't so much as blink at the movement, "I just need to do one last thing before I leave this hell."

Spencer looks down at the ground as he swallows, not saying a word or attempting to stop you as you run off in the opposite direction.

Morgan comes jogging around the corner and sees Spencer standing in the hallway, immediately noticing his missing weapon and blank expression.

"Kid?" He asks hesitantly.

Spencer looks up, "Hm?"

"Where is she?"

He is silent, unable to think of a lie in his head.

There is a reason he let you leave with his weapon -he knows the exact thing you need to do- and he has no intent of stopping that outcome.

Word Count
998