Once again, the drive was as silent as ever. I still felt so sleepy to even notice my environment, the beautiful view of Australia. I dozed off at short intervals till the car finally stopped in an extremely beautiful and patently classy 5-star hotel. It looked so much like those crazily expensive hotels I saw in movies, making my stomach bubble in exhilaration.

"Wow." I smiled to myself. 

Kade and Jovi's limo just pulled over right in front of us then they got out of it, still being so clingy. 

Once again, men who served as bodyguards followed behind us as we strode into the hotel. 

Everyone here seemed to know who Hames was. Rather than running to him for his autograph or something, they were instead bowing their heads politely. 

We got into an elevator with Kade and Jovi who couldn't stop mummering to each other, laughing way more than normal people ought to. The elevator stopped at the 4th floor then it re-opened. 

Jovi and Kade stepped out of it. I attempted to do so too but Hames shot me a death glare. "Did I ask you to go? Remember, you don't work with 'RICARDO International." I hate how his deep voice always commanded authority and scared me a bit, no matter how hard I tried to make it not to.

The doors closed again, transporting us till it got to the 7th floor, stopping there and opened. Hames stepped out of it first then I followed behind him.  

"As far as I remember, I told you I don't like people walking behind me if they aren't my bodyguards." Once again, his surly tone infuriated me. 

I ran a little to keep up with his pace, walking beside him. He suddenly stopped by a black heavy wooden door, turning to me with one hand in his pocket. He took a card from his suit coat pocket, handing it to me. 

I glanced at the card. "Room 7K," I read out. "My room." 

He took out another identical card from his from the same pocket, turning to the door. I observed it had the tag 'ROOM 7K' boldly written on it. I grew a bit puzzled at what was going on when he inserted his card into the correct hole, hitting a few buttons on it then unlocked the door, turning it open.

"Uh, I'm kinda confused here. My card has—" he cut me off by walking inwards, opening the door wider. 

"Come in." He ordered in a low voice.

"Uh?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"Come in." He raised his voice this time. 

I wanted to argue but controlled myself from doing that, frowning instead. I walked in.

 I ought to drool over the extremely beautiful white and gold themed interior design but I was too interested in knowing what was going on. 

"Like I said, this is a very serious business deal. We'd have to work together all day and night long so we'll be sharing this room 7K." He said. 

"What?!" I exclaimed. 

"Relax. It's a Presidential suite. We'll share the living room. There are separate rooms with their own bathroom." He clarified, craning his neck in the direction of two white doors with gold frames.

"I'm not sharing this place with you." I retorted. 

His face contorted. "I can't go around calling you from the next door or something whenever I need you to do something urgently. Please be reasonable." He huffed.

I opened my mouth to say something but he didn't give me the chance to talk, interrupting me. 

"There's a day's grace to rest, due to stress and all. Our luggage would be brought here anytime soon. You should freshen up, make me a coffee then sleep or do whatever shit you want to do. Have it in mind that Tomorrow would be a very busy day for us." With that, he walked away, and towards one of the doors, opening it and getting into it. From the peek of the room, I could tell it was going to be a to-die-for interior design.

Why did things have to become worse? This was literally sharing a house with Hames! Okay, what could go wrong now?

***

A/N: Yay, double updates! I'm proud of myself 😄. Ignore any grammatical errors or nicely point them out.

I'll try to update more than one chapter tomorrow again. I already have the next chapter playing in my head on repeat 😏. It's just left to type it into words, the hard stage.

Btw, let me know your thoughts on this book and this chapter in the comment section. Your comments are my inspiration to write more, love y'all for reading and joining my Facebook group, 'Author Gift Odulesi (Gift's readers)'.

Instagram: @giftodulesi

Goodnight, guys.