𝙲𝙷. 𝟹𝟸 ☯︎︎ 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍'𝚜 𝚊 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚖

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, Mars." Hongjoong appreciates Seonghwa's action and continues with what he was going to say. "Alright, do you all remember the objective? The plan? Need to go over it one more time?" He inquires of everyone.

"Calm down, Cipher." Mingi's voice pops into the line from where ever it is he's stationed on the restaurant's roof to monitor the influx of customers, startling Gemini a bit. "Give us some more credit, we've got this."

"Wait, these things are connected to our whole team?" Gemini asks. "I thought it was just for those on the inside job."

"Technically, yes, but that's only until you enter the building. I'll be disconnecting you and Seonghwa from the rest of the team except for myself so that you won't get distracted by side comments and so that our targets don't suspect anything." Hongjoong clears it up for her, looking over at his control panel with increasing worry.

The hacker was never one to worry over assignments and their outcome, always being the level-headed member, but with the recent events and the team's obvious anxiety, he can't help but feel like this will end disastrously. Since Yeosang argued with Mingi, he hasn't been able to quell his rising suspicions over Kurenai. If he's being honest with himself, he has noticed the slight changes in her disposition— from the way she's more sociable to her sudden change in the way she treats Seonghwa. He knows that there's more going on, but without proper evidence, he can't do anything.

All he can do right now is sit back and watch her actions closely through his screen, analyzing everything she does. But until she slips up, his hands are tied.

"We're here," Jongho announces for everyone to hear, including Candy, Yunho, and Yeosang who should already be inside.

Candy and Yeosang were posing as a lovely couple on a dinner date and Yunho was using the guise of a server to get closer to their targets: the Kings.

"Why do you guys think Ursula assigned us to them? They don't seem to be a threat to MALUS." Yunho voices the question that was on all of their minds, sounding out of breath which they guess is from having to run to and fro to serve tables.

"Probably money?" San answers him, slowing down the pace of his bike as they get closer to the Valet.

"No, it has to be more than that. Ursula never makes us kill people for money." Gemini interposes, sparking a sense of skepticism in all of the members' minds.

She already knew what it was that Ursula really wanted, having been informed beforehand. This mission was just a way to cover up the Meister's true intentions which were to kill off one of the members. Originally, she was given the order to kill San but with Kurenai out of the picture and the news of her affair with the model being uncovered, the order to kill Mingi was given. So, the clone supposed that she might as well leave the member's minds with a bit of unease before she goes through with it, setting the stage for her performance.

If there was one thing Gemini loved, it was creating a spectacle and this assignment required a show.

And maybe, if she's lucky, she could kill two birds with one stone.

Unfortunately, the team doesn't get long to chew on the possible answers because Jongho, San, and Wooyoung soon stop at the valet, right in front of the large restaurant they'd be meeting their guests in.