Same Old, Same Old

Romans POV

                               2 days ago

   I walk downstairs to the sound of dishes scraping and my 6 year old sister laughing. The smell of breakfast reaching my nose taunting my already starving self. "Mom! Mom! Can I have more bacon pleeeeeeeease." I hear Cara plead, I can picture her using her puppy dog eyes to lure a yes out of my mom. My eyes roll and I
smile, making it to the kitchen and ruffling her hair.

   "Yes honey just a minute." Cara frowns and pushes my hand away earning a small chuckle from me. My mom offers a weak smile to me looking frazzled. "What's the special occasion?" I ask knowing she doesn't cook often and usually is at work before we're awake. "Well i just figured" she wipes her hands on her pants before adding more bacon to Caras plate causing Cara to give a wide toothy grin. "Since you're both heading to school in a couple days I might as well give you a good breakfast while I can!" She smiles again a real bright smile like how she used to. I felt a pang in my heart at the memories. I feel there's more to the subject but I decide not to prod and just nod my head.

   I take breakfast to my grandmas room, turning up the heat as she likes to sleep a bit colder. "Good-morning granny." I give her a smile and set the food down on a stand. "Oh hi Roman, I was just reading the last chapter on this book." She smiles and sets it down in my hand with a pat. "How was this one? Did you like it?" This was our thing, she would read a book and then tell me all about it, sometimes if it wasn't interesting enough she'd tell me the start and end and I'd have to guess the conflict.

   "I did." She states with a nod. "It was rather sad though, you see it was about two people, very much in love, who had to leave each other in the end." She frowns a bit, and then with a click of her tongue she looks at me with excited eyes. "BUT I'll bet in the next one they'll find each other again. If it's true love they always do." She grins knowing she's right. She always had a knack for guessing storylines, watching any movie with her was like watching it with someone who'd seen it a million times. But some of the stories and movies stumped her. Which she always found great enjoyment in.

   I hug her and pick up her plate to take care of, we'd spent the last hour talking about the book she'd read. Apparently it was about some couple who met way back in a different life and found each other again. It sounded interesting but not enough to read so I was thankful I had her to always tell me the stories. I smile at the thought and head to my room to get changed and ready for work.

......................................

I worked at the video store a couple blocks away. The job was pretty boring but I loved being able to watch movies all day and the interesting customer here and there. It was towards the end of my shift. It was usually pretty dead in here at this time so I put a new movie on the monitor and sat in my chair. The Mummy flashed across the screen, Ive seen this film probably half a million times already but it'll always be one of my favorites. I press play and it starts just as someone enters causing the bell on the door to jingle. I grunt a welcome and turn my attention back to the screen.

After a while I hear someone talking to themselves, mumbling like they were deciding. I sit up a bit to see a girl near the register at the half priced movie bin. She had black hair. It was shiny, my eyes followed it down to her face. She was stunning. Her lips parted and she bit her lip holding up two movies. I noticed my eyes lingering on her lips a little too long and directed them anywhere else I could. You're gonna look like a creep. I remind myself letting out a puff of air.

Once she finally decided she started walking up to the counter, only to turn back and do it over again about three times before she let out a huff and just grabbed both. I smiled, she was cute. I realized I was just staring and grinning like an idiot, i mentally slapped myself upside the head. I felt my face getting hot and a blush crept up to my cheeks. I pulled my hat down and pulled up my jacket so she wouldn't see. Idiot Idiot Idiot. I push my fingers into my forehead realizing how stupid I must look.