Korra chuckles to the side of me.
"Distracting you how?"

"By giving me names of places that don't exist." I see Korra from the corner of my eye, she's smiling at me and she doesn't seem to stop. Her face is a light tint of red too, is she feeling okay?

"I assure you those places are real 'Sami." She says and I scrunch my face up at that nickname.
"Did you... search them up on the internet?" She chuckles like she's making fun of me.

I freeze, stopping in the hallway. The bell rings again but I don't react to it at all.
"No." I lie.

"Then how did you know they weren't 'real'?"

Fuck, I messed up. She knows that I don't go out a lot and the only way I could've found out was if I searched it up. I pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh.
"I was just double checking." I murmer.

"Searching them up won't do you any good." She says and it instantly makes me even more confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Well those are the names that I gave the places myself." she says cheerfully with pride.

"What? So what are the real names?" I question, crossing my arms. The halls were completely empty now, not a sound. Just us two in the middle of it.

"There isn't any names." She simply says.

I raise a brow, grinding my teeth together to prevent myself from smacking this girl in the mouth. I'm so confused and it's making me furious. Why can't this girl just tell me what is real and what isn't? She's doing this on purpose. Wasting my time like before.
"Just wait until tomorrow, you'll see I promise."

Even more waiting. I shake my head and sigh, adverting my gaze to somewhere else. The clock, that seems way more interesting to look at right now. I watch the hand tick around the round face. My breath hitches, reading the numbers where the other two hands stop at. We're late.

I begin to rush towards the class and I can hear Korra shuffling behind me too. She's calling my name but I don't listen, she's the whole reason why I'm late. I slow my pace and gently open the door, causing the whole class to turn their heads towards me. Korra soon joins my side which surprises me a little, I was expecting her to bolt away like she normally does.

Mr Tarrlok stands there, tapping a ruler against his upper arm.
"Both of you are late."

I drop my head to the floor, my cheeks heating up in embarrassment as I feel the whole class stare at me. It's like their stares were sharp, I could physcially feel them burning against my skin, it's uncomfortable and I want nothing more than to run away from this. I can hear the stories now, the mutterings. God, just because I'm standing next to Korra rumours are already spreading. I've never been late to a lesson before and the first time I am, I'm late to Mr Tarrlok's lesson. With Korra! This probably is the worst start to a day I've ever had.
"I'm sorry Sir, it won't happen again." I say with a shakey voice.

"What 'Sami said." How can she sound so calm?

"A 'sorry' won't do it." he says and walks to his desk. Korra sighs to the right of me like she knows what's coming, I have a bad feeling about this. Mr Tarrlok soon walks back over to us and hands us both a sheet of paper. I read it with wide eyes.
"I would like to see you both here after school for a detention." he demands, quoting the words from the sheet. This day just got even worse. My first detention?

"Sir, we were 10 minutes late. Surely that doesn't mean we earn an hour detention." Korra grumbles, crossing her arms in disapproval.

"Do you want to make it two hours?" Mr Tarrlok argues back. I silently shuffle to my seat and out of the stares of the class. Opal gives me a worried looks but I just shrug, what am I supposed to do?