Chapter 7 - Playing On Train Tracks

Magsimula sa umpisa

the paper that Kaito and some other students wrote.. he must've saw it and thats why he's harming himself..

I felt a twinge of sympathy and guilt for him, even though I didn't write anything on that paper myself. I eventually got back to class and the teacher looked like he had forgotten about Kokichi.

I glared at Kaito for a few seconds as I sat down but then went back to paying attention to class as I heard my teacher say we could pick partners.

A/N: The partners are
Kaede and Miu
Tenko and Himiko
Tsumugi and Angie
Kaito and Maki
Korekiyo and Kirumi
Gonta and Kiibo
Kokichi and Rantaro (btw no this isn't turning into an Oumami book they are just friends I swear)
Ryoma decided to work independently and so did Shuichi.

After everyone picked their partners I searched the hallways, looking for Kokichi. I suddenly spotted someone with a checkered scarf and purple hair. Kokichi! I thought as I spotted him.

He noticed me coming towards him. I could see him tense up thinking I was going to bully or hurt him but he covered it up by putting on his cheeky attitude again.

"Hey Amami! Whats up?" He asked in a carefree tone.

"We have to work with partners for the upcoming project in History class, wanna be partners?" I asked him. I could feel his anxiousness and confusion but he still had a smile on his face.

"Sure! Just letting you know, you'll probably be doing all the work since I have things to take care of!" He said with a laugh. I started to regret my decision. Choosing Kokichi as a partner knowing it'd be exactly like working alone.

I burried that selfish thought and replied to him. "That's fine, I didn't expect much from you anyway." I saw his face go sad for a quick second, I almost didn't catch it but I saw his face quickly go back to a smile.

Uh oh, he probably thinks I meant that in a rude way.. "Wanna sit together at lunch?" I asked, trying to seem kinder. I waited for his response as we stood there in awkward silence. I was about to say something before I realized he had zoned out. I waved my hand in front of his face.
"Uhm.. Kokichi?"

Kokichi's POV

As Rantaro said he didn't expect much from me, I felt numb. Even my only friend hates me. if I just weren't so sensiti- I realized I was frowning and turned it back into a smile while still stuck in my train of thoughts.

when I get home I'm gonna kill m- My thoughts were disrupted by Rantaro's hand in my face, waving.

"Uhm.. Kokichi?" He asked. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at him with a mischievous smile.

"Wow Rantaro, you really fell for that? And here I was thinking you were one of the smartest people I knew. Or maybe its because I'm just that good at pranks!" I said with a fake laugh.

He looked like he doubted me, but then smiled again. "Well, what I was trying to ask you was do you want to sit together at lunch?"

My heart dropped. I usually sit on the rooftop and skip eating during lunch. Last time someone asked to sit with me at lunch they poured a bucket of fake blood on my head.

Flashback:

"Wanna sit next to me at lunch, Kokichi?" Tsumugi asked. The blue haired girl was always rumored as toxic, but she was starting to become Kokichi's friend. And back then, all it took to gain Kokichi's trust was to be nice to him, which made him an easy target for.. things.