Stiles' POV: (I'm so sorry for all the changes!!)

I never really expected him to say that. I guess I just always felt that he meant way more to me than I meant to him. I mean, this past year totally sold me on that thought.

"Scott," Melissa started gently, "I don't think that Stiles is the only one here that's fallen in love."

What? My eyes widen at the implication. Melissa thinks that Scott's in love with me. But that's impossible.

"Mom, what are you talking about?"

"Scott, you're in love. And not with Kira."

--

Scott's POV: (I swear it's the last time in this chapter 😂)

My mouth dropped open in shock. "What - You think - I'm not - Mom -."

"You're in denial, sweetie. Hardcore denial. Tell me something. What you just said about Stiles, about wanting to give back everything to him and not being able to live without him. Do you feel that way about Kira?"

"No," I replied honestly.

"And what about Allison?"

I shook my head.

"Have you ever felt that way about anybody before? Platonic or not."

I realized that, to be honest, as much as I love my mom, I've never even felt that way about her. I shook my head again.

"Everything that you've said today and the way you've always acted around him, tells me that you love him just as much as he loves you. I think you've always loved him."

I wasn't entirely sure what to say to that, or even if I believed her. "I don't know if I really believe it or not, but if I am in love with him, then what does that mean? What do I do?"

"Well, first you have to decide what to do about Kira," Mom said. "Do you want to stay with her or do you want to give Stiles a chance?"

Before I could reply, I heard a third heartbeat on the stairs. I wondered how long Stiles was listening before I noticed.

But instead of exposing him, I looked towards the stairs and said, "You're always one decision away from a totally different life. And I really hope I'm making the right one."

I turned back to Mom. "Thanks, Mom."

I knew that I had to go talk to Stiles, but there was something I had to do first. I stepped into the back porch and called Kira.

"Hey, Scott. We're just about to go jump in the pool. What's up?"

I took a deep breath. "There's something I need to tell you."

"Wait, can I go first? There's something I say too."

I decided to hear her out first. "Okay."

"Don't be mad, but I'm pretty sure I have feelings for Malia."

"Oh." That honestly shocked me. "I'm not mad. At all. In fact, Stiles tells me that she likes you."

"Really? She does?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah."

"Well, what was it that you wanted to say?"

"Actually, I was going to say the same sort of thing. I feel something for Stiles and I think it's more than friendly. I think that there's a possibility I might be in love with him."

"Are you serious? Oh my god! I knew it!"

"Wait, what? What do you mean you knew it?"

"Allison and I kinda had a bet going."

"You bet on whether or not I had feelings for Stiles?" I asked, feeling assumed honestly.

"No. We had a bet on whether or not you were going to realize it."

I laughed. "Oh my god. Why am I the last person to know?"

"Go get him, Scott. Don't worry about me, okay? I think I'll go have a talk with a very pretty werecoyote."

"Thank you, Kira. And good luck with Malia."

After we said our goodbyes, I went upstairs. Stiles was sitting on the bed clutching a pillow to his chest.

"I broke up with Kira," I said as I sat next to him. "I think my mom was right."

"About what?" He asked, faking ignorance.

"Don't. I know you were listening."

Stiles sighed. "Sorry."

"Don't be. I'm not mad." I reached over and took one of his hands in mine. "I broke up with Kira because I think I feel something for you."

"Don't force this on yourself, Scott. If you want to be with Kira, then be with her."

"I don't want to be. It wasn't going to work out anyway. She's a thing for Malia. And I have a thing for you."

I leaned over and gently pressed our lips together. "I want this, Stiles. I want to give this shot. Please just give me a chance."

"Okay."