Desire - Part 19

Dabi woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside his window and the beautiful sunlight from the bright sun coming through his window.

 At least that's what Dabi wanted...Actually he woke up to his father yelling and arguing with either Shoto or his other brother, Natsu. This happened almost every day, so Dabi learned to ignore it, or at least try too. Sometimes Dabi's father would get more..physical..And his sister, fuyumi, wasn't enough to stop it so Dabi would have to step in.

 There were no birds chirping. There used to be plenty of birds but most of them seemed to steer clear of the home since it was always so loud. It was raining too. Dabi also had a hangover from the night before and still had to go to work.

 He stood up, scratching his bare stomach. He put on ripped black jeans and a sleeveless white shirt. "I wonder what he's doing." Dabi thought about the blue haired man, almost forgetting what had happened. Dabi sat down on his bed, slouching over. He rubbed his forehead. He hated not knowing what he was feeling. Was he sad? Mad? Lonely? It could be any of those things..Maybe all? Dabi's mind wondered till he remembered one memory.

It was when he had brought Tomura to the small flower "exhibit". The memory wasn't of the flowers... It was of how the flowers made Tomura look. The flowers almost glowed in the moonlight, making Tomura glow.

 Dabi kept remembering how you could tell Tomura had the biggest smile under his mask from how his eyes twinkled...Dabi smiled, "I want to see him." he thought. His thoughts were soon interrupted, "SHUT UP!" A boy yelled out the door after walking into Dabi's room, slamming it behind him. It was Shoto, teary eyed and pissed. 

"Don't slam the fucking door." Dabi groaned. Shoto said nothing as he sat down on the floor with his knees to his chest.

 "What was it this time?" Dabi asked, digging in his ear with his pinky. "I got a C on my test last week...First dad got mad I got the C then got mad because I tried hiding it from him. Why is it such a surprise I tried to hide it?! Anytime I get anything but an A he goes off on me!" Shoto ranted. "I tried. I really tried." he sniffled. 

Dabi ruffled the boy's hair, "Stop worrying about what the old man thinks or says. All that matters is you tried." Dabi smiled. Shoto smiled back, wiping his tears. "I have to go to work. You can hide out in here, just don't go snooping." Dabi said putting his leather jacket on and walking out of his room, closing the door behind him. (I know in the anime Shoto is a straight A student, I just wanted to make him a little more relatable.)

"Where's Shoto?!" Dabi's father yelled. "He went out the back door." Dabi furrowed his eyebrows, putting on his shoes. "I'm going to work. Leave Sho and Natsu alone, you've done enough." Dabi said as he grabbed an umbrella and walked out the door. Dabi made his way down the street, just a few blocks down was Tomura's flower shop. "I'm sure the guys wouldn't mind if I'm a little late..." Dabi said to himself.  

Tomura had woken up that morning cuddling up to Chisaki. He got up quickly after remembering everything that had happened. Tomura knew he should have made Chisaki leave after what he did..But Tomura knew how it was to not have a place to go..He felt bad.. Plus, Tomura went limp after what happened. Tomura remembered what him and Chisaki had talked about right before they had fallen asleep. How would Tomura tell Chisaki he doesn't like him?? "Sorry I don't like you, I like the guy who called you a slur and never apologize." Tomura's face filled with panic. Tomura ended up just getting dressed and leaving, sure this would most likely cause a problem later..But Tomura really didn't care, he just wanted to avoid this overflowing guilt. 

"How may I help y-" Tomura paused at the sight of a familiar face. "Can we hang out..?" Dabi asked. No smile, no smirk. "I'm working." Tomura said looking away from the man in front of him. Dabi just stared, making Tomura looked at him after a while. He noticed the man's eyes were glossed over, making him worry.