chapter eight - right beside me

--YOUR POV--

The beginning of the week arrived before you knew it, and you found yourself stepping off the bus yet again.

Today, your mind was focused on talking to Hooni. You just couldn't wait! You were in such a daze, you didn't notice Sora running up to you.

"Y/N!!!-- Hey, Y/n? Y/n?... Earth to Y/n?" She waved her hand in front of your face, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Oh, hey Sora." You gave her a small smile.

"What the heck was that for? You thinking about something?"

"Nothing special..." You looked away from her.

"Don't lie to me now, Y/n! I've known you for years, and I know for a fact that you're a terrible liar. Tell meee!" She cooed.

"Okay, fine... I'm thinking... about someone who I... like."

"WHO IS IT?!"

"Shush, I'm not telling you that."

"Aww... Fine, I won't ask."

After making some more small talk, the two of you walked into class as usual, but instead of taking your normal route, you walked over to where Hooni sat, pulling something out of your pocket. It was a pencil.

You noticed as his face lit up when you came by. He was happy to see you!

"Here... I noticed that you've been missing a pencil lately..." You held out the pencil to him, and after a slight bit of hesitation, he took it.

"...Thank you." He peeped out in response.

You smiled and he smiled back. Eventually, you returned to your seat.

Nearly everyone in the class sat in awe at what they had just seen. Did a cute girl really just offer her pencil to someone like Lee Hoon? Hooni's bullies were engulfed in jealous contempt, especially Hyun-ki. Sora and Ara were confused out of their minds.

The bell rang, and your teacher entered the room, preparing to start class.

--

After a fairly long lesson, the class was allowed to work on their projects, so you walked over to Hooni again, trying to ignore the stares you were getting.

"Heya!.." You called out to him, your voice in a softer tone so that he would be comfortable.

"Hi Y/n..." His voice was still quiet, but louder than its usual mumble.

"I know it's only been a short amount of time... But have you thought about what you're going to write yet?..."

"...Yes, actually..."

"Oh?... Do you mind telling me?..."

--HOONI'S POV--

Overnight, he had thought of the best thing to write to you.

However, it was going to be a secret.

"Uh... I don't wanna tell..." He thought he seemed dumb for saying that to you, but he had to keep it hidden from you somehow!

"That's fine... I know what I'm going to write, though."

"What is it?..."

"Well... Since it's a letter, you're writing to someone. I want it to be in the perspective of a specific person."