chapter six - a warm touch

-HOONI'S POV-

After the last bite of tonkatsu, Hooni felt full for the first time in a couple of weeks. Words couldn't describe how much he appreciated the meal, but of course, he still felt horrible for making you do all of this for him. Emphasis on "making", because this was all your decision anyway.

It was almost 2:00 P.M., and Hooni noticed that you had finished your meal as well, and that would mean the two of you would go home soon. Neither one of you talked about the project at all. Going here just led to nothing. Well, unless you count being beat up and spat on as something.

Your voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Well... I-I guess we'll be going home now?..."

Hearing your voice hurt him a little. He didn't really hold it back anymore... He had a big crush on you. Your voice was pretty to him, but he just didn't deserve to hear it.

"...Yeah..." He peeped out after a few seconds.

"...Would you mind if I walked home with you?"

All he wanted to do was say no. You'd look like an absolute loser walking with him. However, with his rapidly beating heart in his chest, the words escaped his lips before he could do anything.

"...Okay."

"Y-Yay!... Um... I'll be following you, okay?"

Yay? Why did she say yay? This wasn't anything to be happy about. 

Once everything was paid for, the two of you walked out of the place and began your trip back to Hooni's apartment.

--

-YOUR POV-

It was dead silent between the two of you the entire time, other than the clicking of shoes against stone pavement. You wanted to say something, but you couldn't get any words out.

While you were eating, you kept thinking about how bad you felt for Hooni. You wondered if he enjoyed his meal. But most importantly, you wondered if he was happy.

Of course, your sudden concern for him shocked you a little. You had given him a meal, saved him, and held onto his hand tightly to make sure he wasn't lost. Why were you feeling this way?

Maybe you felt something towards him. Maybe.

When you followed Hooni into the apartment building, you were sure that he thought you would leave at the front doors, but you kept following him down the halls. Once you arrived at his room, you tapped his shoulder, and he looked up at you with those sad eyes.

This was the closest you two had been. You stood right in front of him, finally able to see his face well. The bags under his eyes were a lot more sunken than you thought. You also noticed tears developing at the lids of his eyes.

But despite all of that, a soft feeling overtook you. He was... cute. Like a little gerbil.

He must've noticed how long you were looking at him, because a tint of blush and a bit of sweat formed on his cheeks, and you apologized, glancing away.

"...Goodbye..." He mumbled, turning around to open his door.

At that moment, you had no idea how you were able to do it, but you threw your arms around him just as the door opened a crack.

He froze, and you could feel his heart pumping. He was cold.

For a few seconds, he was tense, but he eventually relaxed. You couldn't see it, but his whole face was red. Your arms had pulled him away from the door and closer to your body, so he let his arms rest to his sides.

"Please don't feel about... What happened. I know you do, a-and... I just want to tell you that it's okay."

You felt his body tremble a bit. When he spoke, he sounded like he was about to cry.

"...O-Okay... Thank you..."

"...You're welcome."

Soon after, you let him go, and he stood there for a minute before entering into his room quickly. You found yourself just standing there as well, looking at your hands, with blush on your cheeks. Had you really just hugged him?

You didn't want anyone staring at you, so you left the building and began to walk back to where you lived.

Of course, you thought about it all the way home. It was inevitable. The red never left your face.

As you sat back down onto your bed, you came to a conclusion. What you felt towards Hooni... Was more than just friendliness.

You had another crush.

--

-HOONI'S POV-

He slid down into his bed and laid there, letting tears gently flow down his cheeks. It felt like forever since he had been hugged. In fact, if you had just held him a little longer, he would've turned around and hugged back. Seriously.

You were warm. How were you so warm? The spring breeze was chilly still, and he had goosebumps. Your arms were gentle around him, not rough like Soorim. He felt bad for thinking about it, but you had a sweet, soft smell. He could lay in your arms and breathe in that smell until he fell asleep.

Love. That's all he really felt right now. Well, he also felt like a crybaby, but his thoughts were nothing but love for you.

But you were gone.

No... You weren't gone. He would see you the next time he went to school. He would see you and talk to you when you had to work on that project together. Maybe he would speak first. More and more tears drenched his pillowcase. Thinking about it made him so happy...

Even if you only remained friends, he would be grateful. So, so grateful...

Hours passed by after that. He was surprised at how much time had gone by. Although he was miserable, there was that small spark inside of him again. The spark that somehow kept him hopeful in his messy, nasty room.

Beside him, his phone went off from a notification. He picked it up. It was a text from you.

...He smiled.

A/N - Hi again everyone! Here's a new chapter to start your week off with! I'm so happy at the progress that this story is making. Thank you so much for reading this and supporting me, even if you only read it once. Have a great Sunday!

Message from a friend: "AAAAAAAAAAAAA A AA A AAA A A AA a a:boom: :exploding_ head: jskljdsfjpfm"